Prologue

23 July, 2012 1435hrs
San Salvacion, Usea

It was morning fall at the Usea. Me and my sister Gab went on a trip to visit their friend James. On our walk towards San Salvacion, it was filled with life and joy as well as kind people around here.

"I'm glad you let me come with you to visit him." Gab said. "Never thought this place brought back to life once more after that war.

I nodded, "It sure do."

As we walk around, I made a stop after seeing the "Cafe Pub & Restaurant Sky Kid". I was shocked that it was still in business as usual. I began to remembered the enemy ace pilot who I became friends with despite being from two different sides of war. The place where Yellow 13 spend time with his squadmates. I didn't notice my sister looking at me.

"How 'bout we wait James inside that resuatrant, Chris?"

I snapped out of his thoughts, "Wait what?"

"You've been staring for so long. Let's wait for him inside and well... it might help relief some of your memories."

I was about to object, but since she's my sister, I had no choice. "Fine. We wait him there inside."

Gab smile, we both went inside the restaurant. It was now renovated and bright inside. We were searching for a place to seat. To my surprise, the seat that is vacant is beside the wall, with the markings on the wall that is slightly faded.

"What are these?" Gab mumbles as she stokes it with her hand.

"This markings... are the amount of kills the enemy squadron made during their missions."

"You mean the Yellow Squadron?"

"Yeah. Especially that pilot with a lot of kill counts." I sighed. Dropping the bag to my side and bring out the envelope that someone sent me few weeks ago. He doesn't want to tell his name, but he said he knew Yellow 13. I haven't open it yet since I still have second thoughts whether to read it or not. But with memories from the past came back, I guess its time. Once I've open the envelope, Gab switched places to seat beside me, also interest in the letter I have.

"Is that a letter from your girlfriend?"

I scoffed, "Of course not. It was that boy who knew Yellow 13 gave it to me."

Gab frowned, "Aww. I thought you have someone. You're such a single man."

"Excuse me Im not the only one who's single." I shot back, and gave her a you-are-single-too look. She pouted and looked away knowing I was right.

"Figures." I shook my head and chuckles. I unfolded the papers and both of us read the first page.

'I was just a child when the stars fell from the skies. But I remember how they built a cannon to destroy them. And in turn how that cannon brought war upon us. War was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show on TV. As a child, I only saw it as something the happened in some far-away land. Until that final day of summer...

One day, while on my way to school, I looked up in the skies. A sound like distant thunder. In the blue skies far above me, contrails drew dizzying circles around in a crazy waltz - a battle in the beautiful skies far away. I could not tear my gaze away from them.

A deafening roar.

And then sharp silhouettes appeared, as if to graze the hills, and streaked past me. The fighters played the cat or mouse in turn as they climbed swiftly into the sky. One fleeing plane fell out of the sky, spiraling and spewing orange flames to crash by the cape.

The same cape where my family lived.

Now they only live in my memories of days past. The victor circled around to confirm the kill, and on his craft, there was a large number thirteen, emblazoned in yellow.

I will never forget this.

The Allies retreated across the ocean before the onslaught of the enemy. Our little town in the heart of the mainland fell into deep isolation.'

I stare at the letter for a quite while. Just like him, I saw those stars falling from the sky, a lot of them. Although Ustio, my homeland, wasn't affected by asteroids, it is still painful to see them die and suffer from what they called the end of the world senario. Including Estovakia which suffers the most.

And after few years of suffering... thats, when the war began to emerge.

I recall the past, the first time I've been sent to a mission.

Four years after the planetfall of the Ulysses 1994XF04. Stonehenge, the Erusean weapon of mass destruction, was originally built to shoot down asteroids. Upon discovering its potential as an anti-aircraft weapon, the Eruseans ruled the skies over the mainland.

The ISAF's(Independent States Allied Forces) attempts to destroy Stonehenge through air strikes failed. As a result, strategic positions on the mainland were lost. This is turn forced ISAF to evacuate from East Coast to North Point. ISAF GHQ(General Headquarters) is regrouping its remaining combat forces at North Point.

However, the Eruseans control most parts of the mainland, and they have forward deployed bombers to Rigley Air Base, a former ISAF facility. This bomber force will attempt to deal a lethal blow to the ISAF at North Point from this strategic position.