Chapter 3: The Northern Eye

23 July, 2012 1500hrs
San Salvacion

We ate a lot of foods today, not to mentioned how delicious they are even though this is not the first time I visit here.

"Oh Im so full." Gab said, "As much as I want to eat more cause of their food, I can't."

"I know, right? The foods are great! I'm glad that you brought us here, Chris." James replied.

"Glad you guys enjoy it." I open the letter and read the next part of the story.

One night, a spirited group made their way into the bar, chased out the sullen army grunts, and commandeered the place.

Even I knew who they were.

The patch on their sleeve was the mark of the proud air force.

A loud-mouthed, middle-aged man went around, announcing each pilot's results for the day and his running kill record. For those who exceeded five kills, a thorough toasting- and soaking followed. I believe it was their custom to call a pilot an "Ace" once he shot down five planes.

After completing the day's review, the same guy- the squadron adjutant- went on to announce, "And now, for our leader's results!" Everyone turned around to look at the quiet man who sat alone, strumming a guitar. I found myself drawn to the music from his guitar. "Our Yellow Thirteen bagged three more today, bringing his new tally up to sixth-four kills."

With a tentative smile, the man with the guitar turned to me and asked me to accompany him on my harmonica. I brought it up to my lips, and he started a new song.

I had finally found him.

But by some fluke, it was my father's favorite song, the one he used to play at the end of each day.

"What song is it?" My sister asked.

"I don know the title, but it is really calming for sure." I said, watching my AWACS buddy looking at the Yellow Squadron's kill count written on the wall. "Now onto the next mission."

•=•=•=•=•=•

10 October, 2004 1549hrs
ISAF Aircraft Carrier

"Alex, Wake up."

"Ugh... few more minutes."

"You already slept a lot already." I said. We have to wake him cause we have a mission to brief, and lets just say he still falls asleep for over 2 hours. He snores loudly today, good thing he's not my roommate.

.....

Jason grunted, "Fuck this." He walk towards Halo leader, shoved him out of his bed and throw him to the ground. "Wake up!"

A thug sound heard once his body hit the deck. "Alright, I'm waking up! jeez!" Alex stands up grunted, slowly grabbing his comb to fix his messy hair.

"I should say, you are really cute when you sleep like a baby." I teased, earning an annoyed look from him.

"Don't tell anyone about it or I'll kill you." He warned while pointing his comb at me. I grinned.