Alistor and Star

"AL! WHY IS REAPER SOAKED?!?!" 

   There was no response from the other man. 

   Star sighed and hung his head. "Go clean up. And hurry Reaper. We do have a party to get to." 

   Reaper was relieved to get off the hook that easy. He took off and went to get dried and changed. 

   Star turned on his heels and caught the other adult trying to sneak out the front door. "Don't think you're off the hook. Why was he soaked?"

   Alistor chuckled nervously. "No reason."

   Star ran a hand over his face. "We don't have time for this... Listen we'll deal with this later. Right now we need to hurry."

   Alistor sighed in relief and went to head out to the car. 

   Star waited for the child to come down before locking the door behind them and heading to the car as well.

   The birthday was for Club, who Decans had met while at a support group and was quickly introduced to the rest of the group. Besides Club, Decans himself, the CQ boys, Ink and Sugar and Sour would be at this party. All of Star's future friends with the exception of Dream. 

   The trio was the last to arrive. Reaper immediately went to join his friends. Both Star and Al were glad he had made friends. They had been in this timeline for eight months. It seemed very unlikely that they were going home... 

   At least that's what they thought. 

   Alistor saw him first.   A tired man in a purple outfit who was watching them both.   Alistor went still and nudged his companion. 

   Star looked over confused before he paused. 

   The purple clad man stood upright and made his way across the room. "I'm fairly sure you don't belong here."

   Alistor barley resisted a laugh.

   "We don't. Are we... Is it time to go?" The thought... saddened Star...

   Matthew nodded. "It is. I'm sorry I took so long. There were some things I had to deal with."

   Alistor swallowed. "What about..." He made a vague gesture around. 

   Matthew glanced around the room. "Your actions here have made this timeline branch so much that it bubbled on its own. Meaning it will still exist without you. They'll be fine."

   "And Reaper..?"

   "He'll be okay."

   "He'll be alone again..." Alistor's voice cracked. 

   "He'll be okay. I swear it." Matthew put a hand over his heart.

   Star and Alistor shared a look and then a glance toward all the children. "Okay... If you promise."

   "I promise." Matthew stepped to the side and opened up a portal. "This is your way home."

   Star went in first. Alistor hesitated and glance back at Reaper one more time before crossing back into his timeline.