Jessie Star

"Excuse me miss." 

   CQ turned toward the voice. Her heart leaped a bit as she saw her youngest. "Fresh! There you are! Don't run off like that! You scared me half to death!"

   "Sorry Ma..." The boy said uncharacteristically small.

   "Miss. It wasn't exactly his fault."

   CQ looked up at the man. He was a skeleton with pale violet eyelights. "Oh..?" 

   "He was chasing after his friends hat. There was a man there who tried to snatch him. I happened to notice."

   CQ's eyes widened as she looked over her youngest again. "Oh goodness. Are you hurt? Are you alright?"

   "I'm fine ma. Really." Something in the kids voice made Fresh not believe him...

   CQ lifted the boy in her arms and stood up. "Thank you so much sir. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to Fresh."

   The man had a few ideas... "Really miss it's not a problem. I couldn't let the kid be hurt or anything." 

   "Still. I'm very thankful Mr."

   Fresh paused. Oh funk. He couldn't tell her his real name. Think Fresh think! "Jessie! Jessie Star." He flashed a smile and held his hand out for a shake.

   CQ smiled and shifted Fresh so she could shake the man's hand. "How can I repay you?"

   'Jessie' shook his head. "No need miss. It's fine." He had to find a way home... Could he get home? What was he supposed to do until then? 

   "I insist. There must be something..."

   Jessie hesitated. "My car is broken right now. Could you give me a ride back to *Insert town I am too lazy to name*?"

   "Oh! Of course! We're from there too!"

   Jessie held back a laugh. "Is that so?" Oh this was going to be one heck of a story when he got back home...