Not Again

Fresh looked around in a daze. Where? He was sure he was just at the store. He still had his shopping list in hand! How did he get outside? Why were there so many people? This didn't look like anywhere near home...

   The man looked around and caught sight of a roller coaster and a castle in the distance. Okay... What? He noticed several families. Was he? Oh funk... Fresh swallowed the fear in his soul. Why here? How the heck did he even get here? 

   He shook himself a bit and made a beeline for the exit... until he spotted a mop of familiar pink hair through the crowd. 

   Fresh paused again. Oh that was even worse. He hadn't only teleported... he had time traveled! 

   'Focus Fresh. Freak out later. If this is really what you think it is... and it probably is... Where am I..?' Fresh looked around and spotted the nook between the bathrooms and the souvenir shop. He spotted a purple hat next. And then he spotted a man. 

   Fresh felt something cold seize his soul. He pushed through the crowd zeroing in on the scene. Andrew grabbed the kid. The glasses fell to the ground. Panic lit up those previously empty eyelights. The man pulled out a syringe...

   And then Fresh's fist collided with his face. 

   Andrew dropped the kid and clutched his cheek where he had been punched. His gaze flickered up. "Who do you think you are?-"

   Fresh stepped between Andrew and mini-him. "Stay behind me kid." He turned back to Andrew. His soul lit up with anger. "Someone who is very observant. Leave before I break your arm." He growled.

   "But he's-"

   "Not your son! Leave him alone."

   "But-"

   Fresh felt his magic pulse making his sockets glow. 

   Andrew growled before taking off back into the crowd. 

   Fresh let out a trembling sigh. He wished he had... No. No. That's not cool. Calm down... He swiveled on his feet and kneeled next to the kid. This was... odd. "Are you okay?"

   Mini-him swallowed and tried to shake himself off. "I-I think so..?" He whispered. 

   "Did he hurt you?" Fresh asked. 

   Mini-Fresh shook his head. "No..."

   Fresh sighed softly. "C'mon kid. Lets get you back to your mom okay?" 

   Little him nodded and picked himself up. He grabbed his glasses and the hat on the ground. "They're... They're that way."

   Fresh couldn't help but feel sympathy for the little one. He was only 8. He was so incredibly lucky...

   Fresh had no idea how he got here... But he knew what he was going to do while he was here.