Revenge Leads To More Pain

RAPH'S P.O.V

I was running down the hall where I saw the soldiers take Splinter and search every cell that I passed but so far I couldn't find Splinter. As I went deeper I heard someone making painful sounds and what sounded like a whip hitting flash.

I ran faster and found a big metal door where the sound was coming from. I looked through the peak hole and saw two soldiers whipping my poor exhausted looking father. I glared at them, fire coming out of my eyes. I opened the door and came in.

The two soldiers turned to me. "Hey! What are you-!"

The soldier was cut off when I punched him in the face and before the other one could react I threw him against the wall. They were both knocked out and I turned to my father who hadn't even realized I was here yet.

I took off my hood and walked up to him. My heart broke at the sight of the powerful man who raised me. Splinter's back was turned to me, he was on his knees, crouching down, blood all over his poor back.

I took a step closer and then Splinter's ears perked up. He slowly turned around and his eyes widened. We both just stared at each other for a long while, both in shock at seeing each other. We both thought that we would never see each other again...yet...here we are.

Splinter had tears in his eyes. "R-Raphael?" His voice shook both from pain and shock.

I couldn't take it anymore, tears poured down my eyes and I ran to him. "Dad!" I cried. I wrapped my arms around his neck, being careful not to hurt his back and cried in his chest.

Splinter stood frozen at first then he hugged me back as tight as his weak arms could. We both cried our eyes out, taking in the comfort of each other. Splinter pulled away a little and looked me over. "Oh, Raphael."

He kissed my cheek and forehead before pulling me back in the hug. "My warrior, I was scared I would never see you again."

"...So was I, Dad." I responded with a little chuckle as more tears came down my face. After a few more moments Splinter and I finally realised each other. "How did you get here, my son?"

I shook my head. "It's a long story but we have to get you out of here, now! Karai is going to destroy the machine!"

I said before putting his arm over my shoulder and helping him to his feet. "Miwa...Is she alright?" He asked, worried. "She's fine, she managed to get away before the soldiers could get her."

"What about your brothers? Are they here too?" He asked as we walked out of the cell. I hesitated and looked down a bit sadly. "No...they're at home."

Splinter looked down sadly as well. "So it's as bad as I thought, isn't it?" I looked at him a bit confused. "I went to the spirit plane to visit Leonardo and when I saw him...he was...not himself. I'm guessing your other brothers haven't been themselves either."

I looked away which gave Splinter the answer. "When did it start?"

I hesitated. "When you died. We all slowly became broken when you left. We just...we were not ready to go on without you! We missed you but nobody would even dare bring up your name...that's how painful it was! We can't even be in the same room without getting into a stupid fight, I've been trying to make us into a family again and be strong like you taught me to be but I-

I stopped when Splinter stopped walking, making me turn my attention to him. I did not plan on saying that much, it just came out. Worse time and place you could have chosen, Rapheal!

"Rapheal, this is not your fault, don't you ever think it was your fault!" Splinter said sternly and my eyes widened but I wasn't really surprised. He could always read me like a book, no matter how hard and well I hid my feelings, he always knew exactly what I felt.