Mutess

Karai's P.O.V

Everyone sits down at the table. The turtles had found a big dining table and set it up in the living room behind the pit. I sat down at the end of the table. I didn't want to sit next to Shini because I knew that she and Casey would most likely be kissing or flirting. 

I was sitting between Mikey and Eva. Mikey was digging into his plate and Eva was giggling in amusement. Mikey swallowed and looked at me. "So sis, how's the Foot clan going?" He asked with a smile.

I sighed. Does everyone have to keep bringing up the Foot clan? "It's going." I said simply.

"It must be hard to run a clan." Eva said.

"It is but I'm used to difficult challenges." Eva chuckled a little. "So Mikey told me that you can transform into a mutant snake, is that true?"

I nodded while chewing on a piece of steak. "Can I see? I'm very curious about what you look like." She asked. "I would Eva but my mutation takes a lot out of me and I just got done with hours of training. My body is still a bit sore." I lied.

 Actually my mutation makes me stronger and faster. It's just I didn't feel like being looked at as some amazing zoo animal right now. I looked at Eva to see disappointment on her face then at Mikey who looked a bit disappointed himself, obviously he wanted to see my mutation too.

I sigh. "Ok."

Eva and Mikey's eyes lit up. I stand up and back away. My hands turn into snakes, my skin turns into white scales, my eyes turn into green reptile eyes, and my teeth into fangs. Eva looked at me with amazement. "Wow! Incredible! Oh, you're so beautiful."

I smiled a little. "Thanks. Can I transform back now?" Eva nodded and I quickly turned back. Just then Leo came out of the kitchen with Liz holding a big chocolate cake. She set it down in the middle of the table.

Mikey's eyes sparkled with excitement, he tried to grab a piece of the cake but Leo slapped his hand away. "Mikey! You can't have cake until you finish your dinner!"

"Come on, dude! Am halfway done with my plate!" Mikey argued and tried to grab a piece again only to have his hand slapped a second time. "Ow!" He whined.

"Mikey, if you grab a piece of that cake I'm gonna tell-" Leo stopped when he realized what he was about to say and his eyes drifted away sadly. Mikey's eyes did too when Leo almost said his name. He then put on a smile. "It's ok Leo. You're right, I'll eat my dinner first." He tried to cheer up his brother but Leo looked back at him with dull eyes.

"Do whatever you want Mikey, it doesn't matter anymore." He said coldly and Mikey watched his brother take a seat next to Liz, sadly.

My hands started to shake. Leo has always been all about following the rules but I guess he was that way because he didn't want to disappoint Splinter. Now that he's gone Leo could hardly care anymore.

Couple hours went by and Leo finally gave everyone the signal nod to start talking to April. Donnie nodded and turned to April. "Hey April."

She turned to him while chewing on her desert. "Everyone has noticed you've been kinda off lately. I think it's time we tell them what's going on." He said gently and April looked at him coldly. "I told you Donnie that I will tell them when I'm ready!" She almost shouted.

"See that right there is why you need to talk about this now! Already you're starting to lose your temper!" I said sternly then she glared daggers at me. "Karai, you don't understand! If they know what's going on it will hurt them plus it will risk more of a chance of my dad finding out that-" She stopped.