Chapter 3

Chase's POV:
As I walked away, I thought about what just happened. I thought Sebastian was my friend. I thought he had changed for the better and he was mature enough to handle hearing about what had happened to Krane. Unfortunately, I was so, very wrong. He had turned against me. What I was the most unhappy with was the fact that he had actually considered lying to me! I get it, we killed his father. Does that really give him an excuse to try and kill Mr. Davenport? I don't think so. Whatever is going on in his head, it's dangerous.

I turned around and started to walk back to where Sebastian still lay, motionless. "What happened to you, man?" I really still couldn't understand the why. He should have been happy we had kept him safe from his father. I still had adrenaline going through me and lifted Sebastian up as though he were light as a feather.

After I put Sebastian in a holding cell, I went to tell Bree. I knew she wouldn't believe me, I knew I had to show her the video footage from the other day. I knew, unfortunately, this would break her heart.

I saw Bree about to leave her class session and head to our Mentor's room. "Hey Bree!" I said, running to catch up to her.

 "Oh, hey Chase!" Bree said. "Umm, have you seen Sebastian lately? I have to ask him something." My face fell.

"Uh, that's what I kind of wanted to tell you about." I was scared.

"What do you mean? You want to talk to me about Sebastian? Why?" Bree bombarded me with questions. I grabbed her hand and felt a shock go through me. A good type shock. I think she felt it too because she looked a little frightened.

"Bree, do you trust me?" I asked, very nervous now.

 "Yeah, of course Chase. Why would you even ask that?" We finally reached the security room.

 "I need you to watch this. Promise me to watch it all the way through? It is honestly very important." I say her down at the chair and pressed play. The first video we saw was of Sebastian, before the presentation, tampering with our invention.

"What is he doing?" She muttered.

"I'm so sorry Bree. But this video is of Sebastian tampering with the invention we made, causing it to blow up. The next video cam to the screen. This one showed what Sebastian said in closed captions. I never heard all the words but they now came clear, he said, "You killed my father, I'm gonna kill yours."

Bree looked at me, horrified. I pulled her into a tight embrace. "I'm sorry Bree. I am truly sorry. But you had to see this." She sobbed into my chest but I didn't mind. I really felt bad about showing her the videos, but I had to. I also felt bad that I couldn't help but smiling that Bree and Sebastian were officially over. Though it may sound mean and heartless, I couldn't stand the two together. Bree, though she is my sister, is probably the love of my life.