First Times

*two years later. They're 23 now and Dustin's 3*

(Quick character update: Astrid stopped working as a waitress, but she's still working for the diner. She helps settle orders and all that jazz. Hiccup decided that he wanted to get a "real job", so he started doing guitar lessons for kids)

Hiccup's POV:
These past two years with Astrid have been incredible, but it's just getting started. We found out that Astrid was pregnant. We're both so incredibly happy, and our parents, even more so. Ever since we got married My Dad, Gobber, Martha, and Barnaby have been asking us when we'd be giving them grandkids. Me and Astrid would avoid that question each time it was asked. It's not like we didn't want kids or anything, we were just waiting for the right time. 

Anyway, She's now 9 months pregnant with our first child, and due anytime now. Isn't that crazy? Who would've thought fishbone me would score the most beautiful girl ever? And have a child with her?? Crazy. Anyway, I lay in bed staring at the ceiling feeling like everything's right with the world.

"Hiccup?" I hear a voice whisper softly

"Mornin' Milady" I say, and lean over to kiss her forehead

"Baby was kicking all night" She groaned, as I placed my hand on her stomach

"Aw, man. Why don't you try to get some sleep now?" I suggest, while helping her sit up

"No use. I'm already up" She sighs, then we both head downstairs for breakfast

I made pancakes while Astrid was talking to the baby, explaining everything I was doing.
"And now Daddy's going to set the plates, baby. We're both very excited to meet you, little one" She said as I came over to the table, setting the plates down. I went to grab some cups when I heard her gasp

"Astrid? What is it?' I ask rushing to her side

"I- I think my water broke" She said, placing her hand under her belly

"Y-Your what-" I ask

"My water, Hiccup! The baby's coming! When I said we were excited to meet you, I didn't mean now!" She says, grabbing onto my hand

"The baby?! Now?! What do we-" I started to panic

"Let's go to the hospital. Grab the bag we packed" She said, closing her eyes because of a contraction. I run up the stairs and grab the hospital bag we had packed a few days ago. Toothless and Stormfly were looking at us curiously, wondering why we were suddenly rushing.

"Astrid's giving birth!" I say to them, even though I know they don't understand a word I say. I run back down and we rush to the car.

"Stay in there for a little while longer baby" Astrid said, rubbing her belly

We arrive at the hospital and Astrid is put in a room. Nurses check in on her every five minutes, checking how much she's dilated. Right now she's 6cm dilated. The nurses say she can start pushing once she reaches 9cm. Seeing my wife in pain like that, and me not being able to do anything, broke my heart. I stroked her hair, whispering assuring words to her, telling her how strong she was, and that any second now we'd be holding our child.

"Ma'am you can start pushing now" The nurse says, and Astrid holds on to my arm as she starts to push with all her might

"ARGHHHHHH" Her face was covered in sweat and strands of her hair were sticking to her forehead. I wiped her sweat off with my free hand, as she gripped hard onto the other.

"C'mon Astrid. You can do this" I say

"We see the head. Keep going" The nurse said

"Almost there, Milady!" I whisper in her ear.