Alex Potter and his Great Life (plus Flashbacks)

My dear readers,

I have found that you have -very unfortunately- not been inside the head of one of the main (idiots)...contenders. Though doubtless you do not wish to delve into his mind, I find it necessary and also rather amusing to do so. I hope you shall forgive me for this small incursion into his abominable brain. 

(P.S. To alleviate your suffering, I have added a few flashbacks from Cissy and Tom near the end)

----------

Alex Potter had a great life.

He had grown up in a lavish home with two doting parents and ceiling-high piles of presents every Hallow's Eve and on his birthday. He had a huge, luxurious red-and-gold room with a canopy bed and a walk-in wardrobe that, in and of itself, was 20 meters squared (4 meters by 5 meters). 

His father was an auror and his mother simply loved doing whatever he wanted her to do. She did his shopping, cooking him seven-course meals every evening and full English breakfasts every morning. 

He often received letters of appreciation and gratitude from strangers and, whenever he walked into a street, was instantly bombarded by journalists from the Daily Prophet and more. 

Every night, his mother told him what had happened that night in '81 and how he had saved the Wizarding World. From his father, he had heard of stories of Hogwarts, a school he was just as destined to go to as he was to defeat Voldemort. 

Yes, Alex had a great life. 

Until Hogwarts. 

In his first year, he had gotten easily in Gryffindor to which his parents had been so proud. He had made friends with Hermione Granger, a muggleborn who was the smartest in Gryffindor Tower. Ron Weasley had been his friend since childhood. 

Then, he had met Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter. 

He had known of Malfoy's existence because Malfoy's father Lucius was the official advisor to the Minister of Magic, a member of the Hogwarts school board, and held other important positions. Alex, of course, knew that the Malfoys were just a slippery family, always sorted into the evil house. 

Harry Potter, on the other hand, infuriated Alex much more than Malfoy, and that was saying a lot because Malfoy angered Alex more than anybody (except Potter). Harry Potter shared Alex's last name, but Alex was sure they could not possibly share any blood. After all, Potter was in slimy Slytherin while Alex was in good Gryffindor. Potter had then succeeded in becoming the first youngest Seeker in over a century for Slytherin House -far before Alex himself had. 

Then, the summer before second year, his father had inexplicably taken Potter back to the manor. Luckily, he had not seen the other boy for the rest of the summer and then had been surprised that he did not come with the Potters to King's Cross. In his fourth year, he had failed at all the tasks and yet somehow managed to get ahold of the cup and watched, horrified, as Voldemort was reborn. He quickly told Dumbledore and Dumbledore, being the trustworthy old headmaster he was, told the Daily Prophet and the Ministry to warn them about the oncoming danger....and nobody believed him. He was ridiculed by the Wizarding World. So, to redeem himself, he led an expedition to the Dept. of Mysteries to find the prophecy that would definitely show the world that Voldemort had returned. He had failed. Not only that, but he had watched with his own eyes as the prophecy was shattered by some Death Eater. 

Dumbledore had stopped talking to him. 

Alex had no idea why. Lily was constantly trying to divert his attention, but it never worked now. His mind was too filled with important matters.