Chapter 32 - Win or Lose

Sarah’s POV:

The thirteen hours was almost up. Gareth had left to go monitor his new bride. He seemed too sure of himself. I didn’t like it at all. The poor girl had no idea what would happen if she lost.

Jareth was sitting beside me and Abi was in the control of Sir Didymus. She seemed to really like him. I looked over at Jareth and said,

 “The time is almost up.” He nodded and looked at me.

“Thank you, precious, for stating the obvious. I have been worrying for the last twelve hours about this. I don’t like it one iota.” I laughed,

“Neither do I. A girl should have a choice. He is giving her no choice and she doesn’t know it. I can only pray she wins.” Jareth frowned.

“True. But that wasn’t my reason for saying that. I was thinking that I am the only one who should be able to think up such a scheme.” I glared at him,

“You arrogant…” I trailed off as what I wanted to say wasn’t appropriate. Then it me what he had actually said, “What did you say? What plan?!” He chuckled and took my hand in his un-gloved one.

“You didn’t think I was just going to send you back once you had lost and keep Toby for myself did you?” He laughed at the thought, “No, you were going to stay with me. I fully intended to keep you down here and marry you.”

I glared and if I had been standing, I would have put my hands on my hips.

“How dare you? You… you… you…” The same word popped into my head but I wouldn’t say it.

He walked over and crawled onto the bed, sitting down beside me.

“Oh, is there any way for me to make it up to you for being an arrogant… what was the word you have been thinking of?” He chuckled and whispered in my ear, “Ass?” I glared at him and said,

“Mind reader.” He chuckled and nipped at my ear, his hands moving to balance himself above me. I kept my arms folded and refused to respond to the nip. He moved back and smirked. I was going to let him try to make me happy with him again.

How dare he think that way about catching a bride? He was truly arrogant. And annoying and I loved him still.

He moved his hands to my face and kissed me hard. I held back a moan and forced my hands and mouth not to move. Yeah, I was still not happy and he was going to feel it. He moved away and playfully glared. I had an odd feeling that I was going have a hard time not letting him have what he was looking for.

He smirked and moved down to my neck, planting soft kisses along it. I bit my lip and then he nipped at my neck. I held firm but my resolution was failing. He smirked against my skin and bit down, hard. Almost enough to break the skin but not quite.

I moaned then and there. Forget trying to be quiet. It wasn’t going to work. He kissed where he had bit and then moved on to the rest of my neck. I didn’t bother to try not to moan. I couldn’t help but wonder what our wedding night would be like.

My thoughts were disrupted when he ventured lower with his kisses. He pulled the blankets off of me and ran his hand up the inside of my shirt, leaving it to rest in the curve of my waist. His lips trailed along the lower part of my neck and over my collar bone. I moaned.

I reached up with my hands and pulled at the ties which held his shirt. They came loose easily enough and I slipped my hand inside. The moment my hands came in contact with his chest, I gasped and he groaned.

I had always known that he was fit but now I felt it. Every line and muscle. He wasn’t so fit that it would make you sick. No, he was just right. I ran my hands all over and then onto his back to pull him closer to me.

He obliged and moved to kiss me on the mouth. I kept my mouth shut for a moment and made him work to make me open it. All he had to do was move his hands higher under my shirt and squeeze gently.

I gasped and he took the opportunity to plunge his tongue into my mouth. Not that I really objected at all. We stayed like that for some time before I decided to try something. He could be bold, well, so could I.

I pulled my mouth away from his and moved to kiss his neck. He hadn’t been expecting that and I heard a gasp from him. I nipped here and there and felt his hands squeeze my waist tighter as he fought not to moan.

I smirked and bit down hard on his skin. As hard as he had bit me. That made him moan. He seemed to not like being in control because he removed his hands from beneath my shirt which made me growl my disapproval and grabbed my head in them.

He kissed me passionately and pinned me beneath him. I couldn’t have moved it I wanted to. Well, I didn’t want to so that wasn’t a problem. I moved my hands along his stomach and used his waist to keep myself somewhat grounded.

I was about to moan again when I heard a knock on the door. Jareth must have heard it too because he moved away and though I felt somewhat cold and alone without him I knew we couldn’t very well be caught like this.

I pulled the blankets up and Jareth retied his shirt. He opened the door and a goblin messenger stood there.

He swallowed and looked nervously at his king then smiled at me. The goblins feared as well as loved their king. They just loved me. Okay, and obeyed me but there wasn’t the dread that I would stick them in the Bog of Eternal Stench.

The goblin shifted from one foot to the other and said,

“My king, the thirteen hours are up.” Jareth glared and said,

“And, did she win?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Dear Readers,

I have bad news for you. Yes, I won’t be posting on this any more for two weeks or so. School is such a pain. Besides, I need to think for a while on this. Don’t worry, I won’t delete anything, I just need to think about where I want it to go. So yeah, here you are and please don’t kill me for this.

I couldn’t resist the opportunity to torture you. I have done this before and actually posted early so if I get bored then I might relieve it for a little bit. But, then again, you know my love of cliffhangers so don’t be too sure.

Oh, and are these too many kissing scenes? This might be the last one for a while. They are great for filler and some readers of mine had said to keep writing them. They seem to think I am doing well with them. I am totally new so I will take advice. I don’t be doing their wedding night scene though. Sorry. Deep kissing is as far as I will go. No 'ifs', 'ands', or 'buts' about it.

I hope you are enjoying it so far and please vote and comment. I love comments. Even if they hold death, and Bog of Eternal Stench threats. Bye for now!!!!!

sarahlet2999