Chapter 3 - Choices

Sarah's POV:

I had made my choice. There was no going back. I looked at the crystal ball that Jareth held out to me and said,

"I accept on one condition." Jareth looked at me and smirked. I was being very careful with my words because I knew how he loved to twist them around and use them to further his own means.

"Name your term, precious." He said fondly as he tossed the ball onto my bed. I flinched when it touched the blanket covering my thighs.

"Am I to understand that by accepting I am agreeing to marry you?" He nodded and smirked like always.

"Yes, love. We shall rule the Underground whether you like it or not." I rolled my eyes and said,

"Then, my condition is that we wait thirteen weeks before our marriage. Not one day less, do you understand?" He nodded and said,

"I understand. We will wait. I have waited three years. I think I can manage for another thirteen weeks." I nodded and said,

"Now, do I just pick up the ball?" He smirked and said,

"What do you think?" I glared before taking the ball in one hand. One moment I was laying on a hospital bed and the next I was standing in a bedroom. It was a pretty place. Mostly white but with some touches of various colors.

I walked over to the window and looked down upon the labyrinth I had defeated three years previous. I suddenly felt a presence behind me. I turned to see Jareth, lazily sprawled across a chair.

I leaned against the wall and said,

"Can't you sit right?" He laughed and said,

"Oh, I can, but I choose not to. It is quite comfortable and you should try it sometime. Now, I shall leave you to investigate your room. I also believe I have some friends who might want to see you." He smirked one last time before vanishing in a puff of glitter. I stared at where he used to be. By friends he only could have meant three. That meant that Hoggle, Ludo, and Sir Didymus were coming.

I almost jumped for joy but then took care to remember that Jareth was quite a trickster and I couldn't ever trust anything he said. That damped my spirits quite a bit but I decided to hope for the best. It was the least  I could do.

I did as Jareth had suggested and investigated my rooms. I found I had a bedroom, a sitting room, and a very nice bathroom which even had running water. I took note and decided to thank Jareth later on for that. I didn't know how I was going to survive without running water.

I looked around my bedroom and found a closest with dresses in it. I didn't much care for dresses but I would make do. Maybe another time I would speak to Jareth about it and see if I could find some nice jeans.

I walked over to my bed and tested it out. It was very soft and I found it quite comfortable. I laid down on it and then it hit me. I didn't hurt. Not one bit. The pain was gone. The cancer was gone. At least Jareth had kept his promise in that one aspect. Then it hit me.

I felt different. I felt younger yet older. I jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom where there was floor to ceiling mirror. I stared at my form in shock. I looked mostly like the same girl but there was a Faeish look to me. Then I realized that Jareth had kept his other promise. I was now a Fae like him. I was now immortal. The thought jolted me and I staggered, trying to keep my balance. I would now never die.

I walked back into my room and sat down. This was a lot to take in. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and four forms entered. One was short and very much like a dwarf, one was a fox with a spear and plume, the third was a lumbering giant of a creature, and the forth was a very active sheep dog who beat the rest to me.

I jumped from my bed and ran to give them a hug.

"Hoggle, Sir Didymus, Ludo, and Ambrosius!"