Propositions, Decisions, and Pissed Of Bosses

*Thump*

I continued hitting the punchbag in front of me as sweat ran down my back. I had been training since 7 am, and it was now 6 in the afternoon. Saying I was shattered would be an understatement. I wanted to murder Jordan for making me train this much. He didn't push my brother like this. Both me and Val had been fully accepted into the department after our little session with Jordan, and had been attending training for over 2 months now. Sometimes I think that this was Jordan's payback, pushing me like this, from when I had first managed to floor him. He still didn't seem to have managed to fully coax his bruised man ego after that had happened.

I stopped harassing the punch bag momentarily as I lent my hands and my knees and took deep breaths.

I was knackered.

A couple seconds of relaxation never hurt anyone, I thought, as I flopped down on the nearby bench. Taking long gulps of the icy water that I was now drinking, my ears perked up at the sound of someone talking.

Shit, shit, shit I thought jumping back from my place, and thrusting the water bottle back in my bag. That's probably Jordan. I wouldn't hear the end of it if he ever caught me slacking. Running back to my original position in front of the punching bag, I raised my hand, ready to start my routine again, when I realised that the voices that I was hearing weren't Jordan. It seemed that my boss had a visitor, as now I could clearly recognise his voice in the conversation.He didn't seem very happy.

"I've shown you every professional police officer in the range of our vicinity" The head officer stated, the anger now starting to become obvious as it seeped into his voice "None of the officers I've shown you seem to fit your requirements" he concluded in control of himself again.

"I'm sure that's not the case" a familiar voice answered. I could've sworn I've had heard it before.

"You sure that was everyone ? the voice continued by asking in a dis-believing tone.

"All the professionals" My boss answered "I'm not having any newbies dragged into this, just because you people can't decide what you want " he spat out " You have so many goddamn requirements that it's no wonder we haven't found anyone suitable enough for you yet !"

"Have you considered, that because of my many requirements" The voice retaliated, putting emphasis on the word many, and coating the sentence in heavy sarcasm, "You might need to consider giving this job to someone who's more amateur than professional ?" he asked, his voice going back to the polite tone he had been using before.

"No" My boss interrupted "I'm not having anyone risk their lives more than necessary" he spat out, and from the silence that followed he was still trying to get over the fact that someone had dared speak to him like that.

"The're police officers Phil. They came to terms with the idea of dying when they signed up for the job. This wouldn't be risking their lives more than usually" The voice continued calmly, unfazed by the irritated tone of the head officer.

"As to our many requirements, you know that their is a reason for each of them. Whoever this job goes to, has to fit the physique and behaviour patterns that we require, or at least be a damn good actor. They can't look suspicious or out of place - we cannot have them drawing extra attention to themselves or the boys. Can you imagine what would happen if the media got their hands on the real reason a seemingly unimportant nobody is hanging around with..."

He trailed of as both him and the head officer, stopped in the doorway leading into the training room. I guess that I was so caught up in their conversation, that I hadn't noticed the fact that they were now heading my way.