Ice-Cream, Arses, and Disbelief

|Liams POV|

"Liam ? How much longer do you reckon ?"

------

"Liam, where do you think he's gone ?"

------

"Liam, when is he coming back ?"

I lost it then, I really did. I shouldn't have, they were all as equally worried as me, they just couldn't sit here and worry in silence. No, their idea of dealing with worry, was pestering someone with pointless questions they didn't know the answer to.

"I DON'T KNOW. IF I KNEW, DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU BY NOW !?"

Silence.

"I'm sorry guys, I just...I lost it for a bit back there" I said dropping my head in my hands.

More silence.

Nice going Liam, now you've upset them.

I heard someone sigh from beside me and lifted my head slightly to see Zayn slump back in the sofa.

"We know you don't know mate. We're just freaking out is all. You're usually the one with all the answers" Zayn said.

Right Liam Payne, Daddy Direction. I had responsibilities with these guys, and I wasn't doing very well in maintaining them right now. I was supposed to be keeping them calm, and instead I was panicking myself. It was just the week of waiting, waiting for something to happen to someone, to someone I knew or loved, or both. And it didn't exactly help that all the other boys had already been involved in some way. I was next, and I was really hoping that whatever, or whoever Simon brings back, to help keep us safe - will be efficient.

"Lou, what are you doing ?" I questioned the older boy, who was trying to stuff one of the sofa pillows up Harry's top.

"Hazza's chest isn't comfy today, I'm making it comfy"

Strange child.

"I'm offended Boo-bear"

*sniffle*

"You've hurt my feelings*

Oh God. Cue the hug.

"I'm sorry Hazza, I didn't mean to say your chest wasn't comfy"

"It's okay Louis, I forgive you"

Sigh.

"Where's Niall ?" I questioned turning my head away from the hugging boys and searching for the familiar blond hair.

"Niall's upset" Zayn said putting his legs on the table "He's gone to the kitchen to find something to eat - says it helps him relax"

Right.

"Zayn, Niall's always eating"

"I know, but he's eating even more now"

I stood up, dusting down my trousers, I'll go check up on him - Niall was probably the most affected by what had happened recently, and I didn't like the idea of him being alone.

"Niall ?"

*Crunch*

I found him sitting on one of the nearby stools, stuffing his face with crisps. He really was worried wasn't he ? the speed at which he was throwing handfuls of the stuff into his mouth was astonishing.

"Niall," I said, prying the packet away from his hands "I think that's enough for now"

Niall stared at me, looking like he was going to argue, but after thinking about it for a few seconds, he decided to leave me with the crisp packet, grabbing the tub of ice cream that was lying nearby instead. I moved back slightly as I saw him reaching for the cutlery cabinet.