Pop Tarts, CV's and Sexy Trainers

I was being chased.  You know when in dreams you just know somethings after you, that somethings chasing you? And the feeling of dread that overwhelms you once you realise that you can't move ?

Yeah. That was what was happening now.

The dream me was trapped with nowhere to go. And I couldn't run away. I could just stand there, listening as the thing got closer.

And closer

And closer

Until BAM !

I bolted up in my bed , drenched in sweat. Stupid dream. My alarm clock hadn't even gone of yet. But, as I checked the device next to my bed, it turned out that I only had 15 min left of sleep anyway. Reluctantly, I got up and made my way over to the bathroom. 

Looking over at the newly bought mirror, that now proudly hung above our bathroom sink, I checked my reflection. I looked like I had been electrocuted. Or maybe hit by lightning.

Depends on what angle you look at it.

I stepped into the shower and spent the next 20 min letting the currents of cold water hit my back, waking me up. I then shampooed my hair with my coconut and orchid herbal essences shampoo ( THE best shampoo ever) and conditioned it .

Having washed the foam from my hair I got out of the shower, and wrapped myself up in two fluffy towels. I wrapped one of the towels over my body, and used the other to wrap up my soaking hair.

Going out of the bathroom, I headed over to my wardrobe, only to stop halfway and chew my lip, undecided. As soon as I realised what I was doing, I chided myself in my mind. Stupid habit. I really needed to stop doing that. It was just freaking out a little is all. Today both me and my brother were supposed to go down to the police department for the first time. And quite honestly, I was shitting myself.

I mean, sure, they had accepted our job applications, and told us that we could come and they would see if we were good enough to join them. Now THAT was the scary part. I wanted to make a good first impression.

Telling myself off for being so trivial, I decided on a casual outfit, that would allow me to move around freely. The shorts were light blue 3 quarter cut-offs, which I topped with a loose, off the shoulder white Tshirt putting a black strappy tank top on underneath.

Feeling satisfied with my attire, I headed over to the bathroom again to blow dry my curls. Having long hair was effort and I often threatened to cut it of, on the many occasions it pissed me of. Today was one of those days again, were the curls were unruly and stuck out in all directions like some kind of messed up half Afro, reaching the lower part of my back. The only reason I still had long hair was that I had once went along with my decision and cut it of to my ears, hoping that it would be easier to control .

No such luck. It still refused to be controlled, but now I also looked like a boy. Never again *Shudder*

That was when I was 11, when Cira had last seen me. It was now down to my waist again, and on most days I loved it, and didn't mind the fact that it looked like a mini hurricane was blowing through it 24/7.

Having given up, I blow dried it and put it up in a messy bun halfway up my head. I sighed, sitting on my heels. Oh well. Atleast it was now out of my eyes. The department had said that they would also be testing our physical capability, so I guess that was a good thing.

I strolled out of the bathroom, and headed for the kitchen. I guessed Val was still asleep according to the snoring coming out of his room. Popping a couple of raspberry pop tarts into the toaster, I walked over to the fridge and got out some milk, not bothering to pour it in a cup, and instead drinking it straight from the carton. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I moved my hand to catch the pop tarts that had just jumped out of the toaster .Chucking them on an awaiting plate, so I wouldn't burn myself, I considered sitting down on the sofa and watching some TV. I still had more than an hour left before we had to go, and my pop tarts were cooling down.