Swamp Talks

(Just a warning this might get a little sad for some so just be warned)

The gaang had been flying for around a hour and a half by now with Aang steering, Katara reading her water bending scrolls, Sokka reading some parchment, Nya sharpening her trident, and Morro making a air sphere and letting Momo chase it around the saddle.

Aang was looking below at a swamp they were flying over and slowly Appa was descending. Morro noticed it first and asked. "Hey Kid? Why are we going down?" He asks and everyone else looks over realizing their decent.

"Hey Aang? Aang wakey wakey," Sokka nudges him and Aang snaps out of his trance. "Huh? What?" He looks around himself confused. "Why are we going down?" Morro repeats his question. "We are?" Aang looks confused. "Yeah we are," Nya answers. "Is something wrong?" Katara asks. "I know this is gonna sound crazy, but it feels like the swamp is calling to me," Aang said. "Is it telling you where we can get something to eat?" Sokka asks looking around. "It's telling me to land," Aang answers. "Sorry Aang, but I don't see anywhere too land," Katara said. "Unless those trees can hold Appa's weight," Nya added. "Not to mention that place is practically made of water," Morro shivers.

"Well if we're all in agreement," Aang made a uninterested face. "Bye bye swamp," he snaps Appa's reins and they fly off, but out of nowhere a sudden twister struck down behind them and tried sucking them into it. "Appa yip yip!" Aang yells urging his bison to hurry, but Appa groans in distress as he was bending sucked into the twister. "Morro stop doing this!" Nya yells at the raven haired man. "You think I'm doing this!" Morro yells at her in disbelief. "I wouldn't be surprised!" Nya yells back at him.

"Will you two can it!" Sokka yelled at them both while holding onto Katara to keep her from flying out of the saddle. "Everyone hold on!" Aang yells as Appa gave up and they all got sucked into the twister. They screamed as they were sucked in and couldn't hold on. Within seconds they were separated from the two animals and thrown several yard into the swamp below.

During this Nya blacked out for a few moments, when she opens her eyes she was staring into muddy swamp water and she got up coughing and hacking. "Is everyone alright?" She faintly hears Katara scream. "I'm fine! Just got some lungs full of swamp water," Nya hacks. She hears Sokka and Katara talking about a elbow leech or something and Aang shouting he was fine too before looking around. "Where's Morro?" He asks concerned.

Nya looks around, while she may hate the guy having him around made Aang happy so she put up with him, besides Wu also still liked him and would probably want her to return him alive. "Up here!" Everyone looks up and saw Morro clutching to a vine from the tree, his face seemed to be contorted in pain and he was breathing heavily, if Nya had to guess he probably fell in the water and instinctively flew up there and grabbed the closest thing he could find and was trying not to cry out from the pain of the rashes.

"Morro are you okay?" Aang calls up and Morro replies back sarcastically. "Yeah just fine, just feeling like my skin has just been branded by a burning hot poking rod. No big deal!" He snaps. "Hey! Sarcasm is my thing newbie find your own quirk," Sokka calls up. "Where's Appa? With all this water we need to find a safe place for Morro to be," Aang said concerned. "What if one of you guys make a ice dome for him? As long as the water isn't liquid it should be fine right?" Aang looks uneasy at the idea with his own experiences, but Morro was quickly nodding along. So Katara and Nya used their bending making a ice dome that had the top of it open like a hatch. Morro hovers down into it and the girls covered the lid.

"How am I supposed to breath?" He asks. "We'll just need to open it every hour or so to let more air in. Tap on the ice if your feeling light headed," Sokka advises. Morro nodded to that idea and they began trekking through the swamp looking for Appa.