The Dam

Kai looks around the earth kingdom town they were stocking up in. The place was quaint with a few fire nation soldiers helping carry the load while Iroh offered tea to all the earth kingdom people watching. There were a few fire nation citizens but not many in the large crowd that stood outside watching. This might not be a normal thing if Zuko wasn't outside watching as everything was taking place. The prince stood out on his own with a scar covering half his face, but word got around that Iroh was coming and where Iroh goes the prince is definitely heading this way too.

"I'm going searching in the woods for the avatar," Zuko announces about to head off when the local captain with a eye patch stops him. "Your highness I heavily advise against that. There is a band of thieves and mercenaries in the forest. While usually nothing more than a mere annoyance to us they would be much more hostile towards our prince. It would be best if a squadron was sent out instead," The soldier advises. "A squadron would be easier to find," Zuko argues.

"Here I know," Kai steps up. "I'll wear some earth kingdom clothes and stake the place out for some recon. They have a giant fuffly bison with them so I shouldn't be long and I'll send a flare out when I find them so you can come in and do all the hard work," He suggested. "Why should I wait for you?" Zuko asks him. "I think it would be best for your safety your highness," The captain agrees. "I'll be fine and just practice your bending while I'm gone so your ready for the fight," Kai assures Zuko.

The prince clearly doesn't like it, but concedes it's a better plan than his. "Fine," he relents. "Good prince short temper. I'll get going," Kai said and leaves with Zuko scowling. "I do not have a short temper!" He yells at Kai. In return everyone looked at him with a raised eyebrow in a 'are you sure about that?' way. Zuko then resigned himself to pouting out of the eyes of others.

Kai left, but didn't end up changing into earth kingdom clothes since he thought he could easily take on anyone who he came across.

He enters the forest and the first half hour was uneventful until he heard yelling.

"Does the fire nation let people go?! Does the fire nation have mercy!?"

Kai immediately picked up his pace and began running. He saw a group of kids his age in mismatched clothing terrorizing a old man in red robes. "Jet stop he's just a old man!" Kai saw the water tribe boy stop the leader with hooked swords from kicking the old man anymore.

"Leave him alone!" Kai yells getting his katanas out from their sheaths. The group turns on Kai and the leader smirks. "What do we have here?" The leader 'Jet' asks. "Why don't you find out?" Kai asks in challenge. "Sokka you watch the old man while I deal with this fire nation hog monkey," Jet got into a fighting stance as well.

It became a fierce stare off and it was tense too as they waited for the other to make the first move. Kai was the first to attack and their swords clashed. "Where's the justice in hurting a old man?" Kai asks the guy as he tries throwing the guy off balance only to bend backwards to avoid being slashed. "The fire nation are all evil tyrants and their is no changing that," Jet answers blocking a attack by Kai's swords. "So you think that gives you a excuse to hurt a defenseless old man? Ever heard of a hypocrite?" Kai taunts. "Was this a trap to lure me out? Are you going to try to kill me?" Jet asks. "I try not to, but if it comes to that," Kai answers vaguely.

He was about to land a blow when Jet used the hooks of his swords and disarmed Kai by throwing his katanas out of reach. Kai didn't waist time and he kicked Jet's legs out from under him and made a move to steal his swords when he felt a sharp sting in his neck. He felt at his neck and before he could comprehend it he fell to the ground unconscious.