Spin It Till You Win It

"Prince Zuko, I must advise you that you take a rest," Iroh advises his nephew. "Not until I master this," Zuko said in a aggressive manner. Kai is starting to regret even mentioning spinjitzu to the prince.

When he first showed off what it could do Zuko became obsessed with learning it. Kai showed him the basic stances, but Zuko didn't understand how to just do it and he was getting mad. Kai would try to set up a training course if he could and just do it how Wu taught him, but since they didn't have a training course he could only show him the moves of it. Suddenly though he got a idea of what to do.

"Hey Zuko," Kai said and the prince turns to him. The spiked haired boy broke into spinjitzu and before the prince could run he was swept up in the fire tornado. He makes a very un-princely scream before Kai dumped him in front of his uncle groaning in pain. "What was the purpose for that for?" Iroh asks. "Well I believe in feeling the pain of a move can help achieve it. No pain, no gain. Plus the master who taught me spinjitzu had a much harder technique of teaching me," Kai explains. "Harder than that?"  Zuko asks in disbelief and still on the metal floor.

"Yep," Kai said popping the p. "And what was this method?" Iroh asks interested. "I had until he finished his tea to master something before I had to wait until the next day to try again," Iroh strokes his beard very interested in this method. "Also you need to understand how it feels to be on the receiving end. The reason why people make their attacks is because they aren't the ones receiving them. No offence, but I can't exactly trust you to not over use this. Favouring one attack can leave your defence weak," Kai explains looking down on the prince.

"Just teach me!" Zuko yelled at him getting back up and on his feet. "Look for some people they learn the moves and they just get it, but for other people it's a in the moment thing. When I learned it I finally managed to accomplish it in the heat of battle. I know it's annoying, but it seems to me you won't be able to grasp the key until the heat of battle," Kai explains to him.

Zuko grumbles and mutters. "Bet Azula could do it," "who?" Kai asks. "Princess Azula is his sister. She is more," Iroh began. "She's better than me uncle I know," Zuko glares at his uncle who is just silent trying to think of how to rebuke that. "Well what's she like?" Kai asks. "Smarter, faster, more talented, mean, a liar," Kai cuts him off. "Well then she can't do spinjitzu period," Kai states.

Zuko's confused. "How?" He began. "Look I know it sounds weird, but there are people who can just 'do it'. But some are unable to no matter how hard they try to. Some can be skilled as a hawk looking for it's next meal, but they might not have the spirit to do it and trust me you will be able to do it just try," Kai encourages.

Zuko looks at him unsure. "He is right nephew, like a young lizard bird in its nest. They never learn to fly if they don't jump from their nest," Iroh says. "Look all I can tell you is go through the moves, say it out loud if that helps you," Kai explains.

Zuko looks at him with a glare before going back to the middle of the deck.

"Remember! Jump up kick back whip around and spin," Kai yells. Zuko takes a deep breath and mutters. "Jump up," he does so, "kick back," he does it feeling something. "And spin,"

He spins and this time he was enveloped in a rainbow tornado of fire. Kai was awestruck for a moment because as expected the tornado was made out of fire, but it came with colours of red, green, yellow, blue, orange, and even a bit of pink.

"You did it!" Kai cheers. The rainbow tornado started moving around eractically and after about thirty seconds Iroh asks. "Did you teach him how to stop?" Kai realizes his mistake. "Ummm, I got to go," He tries to hightail it, but Iroh grabbed his shirt. "Teach him to stop," He demands.