The grand opening! | Chapter 2

Kris got up early, baking all of the doughnuts so they were fresh. When it was 10 minutes away from the official grand opening, Kris started to see lots of people que outside, some of them were even trying to look through the blinds so they could see what was going on.

The smell of fresh doughnuts sent everyone crazy, some of them even started to get their money out ready. When Kris was finally done, they walked over to the door, ready to open it when the time was right.

The clock hit 9am, and Kris quickly opened the blinds and unlocked the doors, managing to get to the counter before everyone ran in. Kris just stood behind the counter, watching everyone rush in, everyone ran over to them with money in their hands. Kris got very overwhelmed very fast, not knowing who to start on.

That's when Susie came out wheeling a giant gong, she hit the hammer against it and everyone went quiet, listening to what Susie had to say. ( I wasn't going to leave her out of it, and I like to imagine they are friends in this different universes as well.)

Susie: LISTEN UP PEOPLE! CALM DOWN! WE CAN ONLY TAKE ONE ORDER AT ONCE! SO GET IN A LINE! AND SHUT UP! AND STOP WAVING YOUR MONEY AROUND! SOMEONE COULD EASILY STEAL IT!

Kris: Heh, thanks Susie.

Susie: No problem, gotta control a crowd somehow.

Everyone calmed down and put their money away, everyone then got into a single file line, which managed to get outside, that's when you know your shop is popular, when the line is outside. 

One by one, Kris and Susie worked their way through everyone's order. Some of them were getting agitated, but when they taste the doughnuts, they finally realised why they wait for so long, to taste how good the doughnuts were.

By 1 hour, the line had calmed down, only a few people would enter a couple of minutes, as they woke up late after everyone else, this gave Kris and Susie to talk wile waiting or doing someone's order.

Kris: Where did you get that gong from?

Susie: Bought it off Atlantic. (Amazon)

Kris: How much was it?

Susie: $100

Kris: What?

Susie: $100

Kris: I can't hear you.

Susie: $100

Kris: What! $100 for that!

Susie: Well considering the size and how well it worked, I think it was a good buy.

Kris: Yeah, it really was a good buy, I wouldn't know how else we would get their attention. Did you use your own money?

Susie: Yep.

Kris: Since when did you have $100?

Susie: I won the lottery, remember?

Kris: Oh yeah, how much was it again? $10,000?

Susie: Yeah it was.

Kris: Didn't you get drunk immediately after getting the money? then went on Atlantic buying pointless things? like that big gong, one you need two hands to lift the hammer with.

Susie: Well the gong isn't pointless, it finally has a use.

Kris: Yeah, but wasn't everything else pointless?

Susie: How is a $800 Lego set pointless? it was the Millennium Falcon for god sake, who doesn't like Star wars?

Kris: Well tell that to the new films.