Lay Me Down Chapter 30

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 YEARS LATER

Carter’s POV

I walked down the street with some friends late at night—or early in the morning if you wanted to be technical since it's around 1:00am.We had just left this new club that opened up called Reflections. 

I had just moved back into town about two weeks ago after I had finally finished college and graduated with a degree. I stuck my hands in my pockets trying to warm them up. The temperature continued to drop by the minute. I looked up as one of the street lights flickered on and off.

“Dude that girl was grinding all up on you,” Jay said. 

I laughed. “She tried to get me to take her home but you know I’m not having that.” 

“If I was you I would have banged that. Ariel would have never known about it,” Cody said referring to my current girlfriend.

“You know I’m not going to risk things with Ariel for some girl at the club. I bet you she done went home with hundreds of guys from the club.” 

“True,” Jay said. “But I got a cutie’s number and you can bet that I will be calling her first thing when I wake up tomorrow.” 

We continued the walk to our cars. We had met up here being that we all lived in different cities and we hadn’t seen each other in months.

“So what’s up with you and Ariel?” Cody asked.

“What do you mean?”  

“Is she still trying to get you to put a ring on it?”  That made Jay snicker.

“We talked about it but I don’t see it happening anytime soon. I just don’t have time for a wedding right about now,” I told them honestly.

“Man, you need to hop on our train, become a bachelor so you can party with us every night and take home girls,” Cody told me. I laughed

“Even if he wanted to, you know that Ariel has him on a leash,” Jay commented. “As soon as he crosses the line he gets yanked back.” 

Cody snickered and a smile appeared on my face. “Yea go ahead and laugh it up. First of all, Ariel doesn’t have me on a leash and, unlike you two, at least I have an option every night instead of having to creep on girls at the last minute so you don’t get blue balls.” 

They laughed. “You just hatin' Carter,” Jay said as we continued walking. The streets were beginning to get darker as we walked farther away from the club due to the lights being broken on the street lamps.  

I glanced around at the buildings we were passing.

“Don’t, please stop,” I heard a voice say in a barely audible whisper.