Lay Me Down Chapter 6

VOTE/COMMENT/TWEET/LIKE

FAN IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY!!

ENJOY!!!

 I got ready for school putting on some jeans a t-shirt and shoes. I wonder what things would be like between me and Carter. I knew that I couldn't be with him. We couldn't posses the kind of relationship it seemed like he wanted. It was bad enough being just friends. That wasn't even supposed to happen. I sighed as I grabbed my bag and silently walked down the stairs and out  the door hurriedly making  my way towards school.

 I reached school grounds way earlier than needed. I went into my first class and sat down at my desk. The teacher had not gotten here yet. I had no unfinished homework because Carter had caught me up, so I just sat there waiting for class to begun.

Students began to rush in after to first bell rung. I grabbed my things out of my bag preparing me for the class. I looked ahead at the door just as Carter was walking in. He smiled at me. I smiled back not really meaning to.

"Hey" He said sitting down next to me.

"You are sitting next to me?" I questioned.

"Is that a problem" he asked me.

"I guess not" I replied.

"Good because I like being by you" He said. I smiled unwantingly. More people filed in trying not to be caught by the tardy bell. I ignored the weird looks that were shot my way by the girls that Carter usually sat with.

"So my mom really likes you for some reason" He stated.

"She usually doesn't like any of my friends, not to mention girlfriends." He stated. I laughed.

"I like your mom" I stated. "She's not afraid to get straight to the point." I told him.

"Yea she can be pretty rude sometimes" he stated. I laughed. I lady came in to the classroom telling us that she was our substitute. She basically told us to get caught up on any unfinished work. Great this would be the day that we had a sub. When I have no work to catch up on.

"Since we have no work to do. How about we play a game?" Carter suggested.

"Carter I've already beaten you in Guess Who? Like a million times" I told him. He laughed.

"Not  Guess Who? You cheat in that too much." He told me. "Just a simple game. I ask you a question. You ask me a question? You can't ask me a question though unless you have answered my previous question and vice versa" He stated. I thought about it. This would be a risky game, but hey I had nothing better to do.

"Sure who gets to go first?" I asked.

"Ladies first" He said with a smile in his face. I chuckled.

"Okay hmm......  Why did you move here?" I asked him.

"I got into some trouble back home" He replied.

" What kind of trouble?" I asked.