Lay Me Down Chapter 42

VOTE/COMMENT/LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat at Carter's place watching TV. I hated being here alone. I would get so bored. It was really time for me to get a job or do something, so I wouldn't have to sit in the house all day. The days in passing had been so boring and lame. Carter and Ariel had made up which was a setback so she had been coming around more and she was supposed to be coming back today for some ball at Carter's job. I was definitely not looking forward to her arrival. I heard the phone ring and I went to go answer it.

"Hello, Carter's residence," I greeted.

He chuckled. "I told you not to answer my phone like that. It sounds lame."

"Well too bad," I told him.

He sighed. "Well anyways, I called you for a reason."

"And that was . . ."

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the ball tonight at my job?"

"I thought you were going with Ariel?"

"She just called and told me that she can't make it."

"Oh, so I'm her replacement, your back up," I teased.

"No, no, Lizzie, you are definitely not a replacement. I'm kind of glad that she couldn't come because I think I would have more fun with you, but you know her, she would have flipped out if I asked you and not her."

"Yea, but I don't have anything to wear."

"I've got it all covered, that is, if you will be my date?"

"Of course," I replied.

"Alright, I'll send your dress and stuff to the house by noon and be ready by five, okay? I'll be there at like four thirty."

"Okay . . . wait, don't you need to know my size and stuff?"

"Nope, I got it, give me more credit, we have dated before."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"Alright, bye," he said as I hung up the phone. So I was going to a ball with Carter. This was going to be . . . I don't know what it was going to be, but hopefully things would turn for the better.

I stood in front of the mirror and did a 360 turn in front of the mirror. Carter had definitely picked a dress that he would like. The scarlet red dress hugged by body tightly defining my hips. The strapless bust definitely made my boobs grab attention and the split that began right below my hip definitely gave everyone a view of my legs making them look long and slender. The silver heels complimented the dress along with the earring and necklace. My hair was in loose curls that were pinned up with a clip. I got the red lipstick and spread it over my lips adding the final touch. I gave myself another look over. This look was destined to grab attention and I didn't want all eyes to be on me at this ball. I sighed, maybe I should just find a dress in my closet.