Lay Me Down Chapter 34

VOTE/COMMENT/VOTE/FAN

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“So, are we going out tonight?” Ariel asked. I waited for Carter to answer. The three of us were sitting at the table eating our breakfast. I nibbled on my toast as Carter stole a glance at me.

“Why don’t we just stay in tonight?” he questioned.

“I want to go out Carter. Come on, in a few days I’ll be back at work and away from you” She pouted.

“I guess we’ll go out then” He stated. She smiled.

“Great! I already know what I’m going to wear. Lizzie do you have an idea of what you might wear?” She asked me.

“Umm I think I might just stay in and catch up on my sleep” I replied. I really didn’t need to run into Trent anywhere. I knew that he spent most of his time at clubs.

“What? No, we have to have fun. I’m sure there will be some gorgeous guys and maybe you could get it in.” I choked on my toast and began laughing. This chick was crazy.

“I think I’ll pass” I stated.

“No….. Why?” I laughed. I look towards Carter, who seemed not to being paying us any attention.

“I guess I can go” I responded. It was that moment that Carter looked up.

“Yay” Ariel shouted. I chuckled and finished eating my food.

We entered the club and the bass immediately plummeted into my ears and the smell of liquor infatuated my nostrils. We were at club La Vida, Ariel had chosen it. I wasn’t too happy about being here because I knew that this was a spot that Trent commonly came to.

I followed Ariel and Carter as they approached the bar. Carter ordered all of us a round of shots.

“Carter let’s dance” Ariel said pulling him onto the dance floor. I watched amused as they headed to the dance floor. I couldn’t really hate Ariel yet. I mean she wasn’t mean or rude, she had only reacted  as expected.

I bobbed my head to the music. I had been sitting at the bar alone for an hour. I wasn’t in the mood to dance and nobody had asked me anyways.

I was about to go and find Carter when a presence came amongst me.

“Will you come talk to me?” he asked.

“Trent, I don’t think---“

“Come on Lizzie, I won’t bite” he said grabbing my hand. I allowed him to pull me away and lead me through some double doors that headed to a room in the back of the club. I had no idea why I was trusting him, but I continued to follow him.

We entered a room that I was all too familiar with. “Have a seat” he said as he sat down on the couch. I sat down next to him and then I caught a glimpse of the drugs on the table next to the couch and then it immediately hit me. I wanted the drugs.