Love and Loss

After spending some time together alone, Jotaro and I went to meet up with Josuke and the group.

We went to another outdoor cafe. Koichi, Rohan, and Yukako were with us as well. We were all hanging out together.

It was a nice spending time with them. This time, we didn't have alcohol in the mix... thankfully.

Jotaro sipped his coffee as he gleamed as the lively group.

I noticed something fall from Koichi's side. He didn't notice, but Jotaro did.

"Kakyoin."

Koichi glanced at him confused. "Hunh?"

Jotaro said unphased, "You dropped your handkerchief."

"Oh um..." Seemed like Koichi wanted to acknowledge Jotaro calling him the wrong name.

So I whispered to Jotaro, "His name is Koichi. You called him Kakyoin."

"Hm?" Jotaro said confused. "... oh." He gave an apologetic glance to Koichi. "Sorry, Koichi."

He said, "Oh it's okay. It isn't the first time you made that mistake." He picked up his handkerchief.

Rohan asked, "Who is this Kakyoin fellow, anyways?" He seemed very interested in Jotaro and his misnaming mishaps.

Jotaro glanced over at me. He wanted me to answer because he wasn't too sure himself.

I answered, "He was one of his old friends from when he was younger. He doesn't remember him." I reached under the table and gripped his hand.

Josuke asked, "Why don't you go see him so Jotaro could meet him again?"

I had a feeling someone was going to ask that eventually. I grimaced, "Um... well... he's deceased."

"Oh," Josuke said awkwardly. "Sorry about that."

Koichi made an apologetic noise.

Rohan seemed even more interested.

Yukako glared at Rohan as she was occupied with her food. She was eating for two, so she wasn't making much conversation.

Josuke redirected the conversation, "So how was your stay here so far?"

I answered, "It was great. This is a nice town. I wish we could stay longer."

Jotaro nodded in agreement.

Josuke said, "You should come more often. Since Joraro didn't come except for one other time, you should drag him over here again."

Koichi nodded, "Yeah!"

I said, "I'll make sure to do that."

Jotaro sighed while pulling his hat down, "Yare yare daze."

The rest of the time we spent together was nice.

Couple of days later, it was time for us to leave to go back to Florida.

Josuke was seeing us off on his own. We saw plenty of friends days before, so this was fine.

Josuke held a hand out to Jotaro.

Jotaro grabbed his hand.

Then Josuke pulled him in for a hug. He pat his back and said, "Come again soon! If you can't figure out when, come to our wedding, alright?"

Jotaro said, "Alright."

"It was nice seeing you again, Jotaro."

"It was nice seeing you again as well."