Don't Cry

"What do you mean?" Jolyne said with a nervous tone. "You're Jotaro."

He only looked at her blankly.

Jolyne continued, "You're Jotaro Kujo. My dad." She tried explained as calm as she could.

When Jotaro looked back at her with no change in expression, that was when panic began to set it.

"I'm your daughter, Dad." Her voice began to hitch in her throat. "Not this. Not this." Tears of joy became tears of despair at that moment. "We finally got to connect after all this time, now this?!"

"Um," he said starting to feel uneasy. It was subtle, but I could tell that he didn't know what to do.

I shocked myself, but after all that Jolyne went through, she needed the time.

The doctors said that we had to go while they did more tests.

While Jolyne cried, I said, "We should go."

She nodded and we walked out.

We sat outside of the door on the floor. I sat beside her as she tried calming down.

I wasn't sure what to do. I hesitantly reached over to her, but I pulled my hand away.

Her father doesn't remember her.

I reached back to her and placed a reassuring hand on her head.

All those years with him, I-.

I gulped.

I turned noticing that Jolyne finally was calm. She was looking back at me. She apologized, "Sorry. Um..."

"It's okay. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise?"

"What?"

I pulled my hand away from her and explained, "He can start over with you. He doesn't know too much anymore. Without the worried weighing on him, he can go back to his family life with you and your mother."

Jolyne's eyes widened. "Y-you might have a point." There was hope in her eyes.

The doctors left the room. One of them said, "You are free to come in now, but I do want to talk to you about his recovery."

I nodded.

The doctor explained that he should take it easy and rest. He should go to a stress-free place to heal. Maybe with time, he will gain his memories. Maybe he never will. He will be able to leave in a couple of days so they could monitor the gash in his face that Pucci caused.

Jolyne looked like little girl with the hope in her eyes. After all she went through, she deserved it. She needed her father.

I stood up and held my hand out to her. "Why dontcha go in and tell him you will be taking him home in a few days with you? Don't think about telling him about me. He deserves his family."

She sniffed, "After what I did, you're encouraging me?" She grabbed my hand, so I pulled her up.

I replied, "Of course, after all these years being with him, I learned that you were worth fighting for. He loves you. Now go."

Jolyne nodded and went into Jotaro's room. She closed the door behind her.

I smiled feeling happy for them both. Jotaro was a worried man. He cared so much for his daughter. For him to heal with her would be great for him.

To be happy.

But all those years, we-.

But that's his real family. Jotaro and I never got married. We just supported each other plenty of times. Since I worked with the Speedwagon Foundation, I was able to spend quite a bit of time with him. We got close because we both needed comforting.