Home

The next day, Jolyne, Hermes, and Emporio left the hospital. Jotaro stayed for a few more days. I had no idea what they were going to do with their new found freedom, but the Speedwagon Foundation handled it nicely.

It was the day to leave. Jolyne came back to help. We were currently in the hospital room.

Jotaro sighed, "Do I have to sit in a wheelchair?"

"Not really," I said. "They want it for precautions."

Jotaro sighed again as opened his mouth to say something, then he decided against it. He stood up from the wheelchair. He began walking out the door.

"Hold on, Dad!" Jolyne called. She was holding something behind her back. She came over to him and placed something on his head.

It was one of his older white hats.

He reached up to touch the brim of the hat and went, "Hm." It was an mumble of approval. It didn't exactly match his long purple jacket and intricately designed yellow and black pants.

Jolyne smiled back with approval. "Now let's get you home."

And we were off.

I drove us to our house. It took a little under thirty minutes. I knew that it was at least an hour and a half from the Cujoh household.

Jolyne was their to stay two nights to be with her father. I didn't blame her one bit.

When we arrived, Jolyne was the first to get out of the car. "Eeeeh? You have a big house for just two people!"

I shrugged, "Been working for Speedwagon Foundation for many years. They pay well. Have fun exploring, I guess." I made a mental note to lock our little closet. The last thing I needed was her to see some activities we did behind closed doors.

We went into the house.

I showed Jolyne to the guest room while Jotaro followed behind. "That's your room. Now I guess I have to show yours too, hunh, Jotaro?"

A little smile danced on his lips before it disappeared quickly.

I guided him a couple of doors away passing the bathroom and office. I opened the door to our bedroom. In there was king sized bed with one side filled with pillows and covers. That was my side of the bed since he was gone for so long. A dresser was in the far corner and a door to the bathroom in the other.

He walked over to my side of the bed, then he looks at me.

I explained, "While you were gone, I covered myself in covers and whatnot."

"Oh," he said. He sat on the bed and looked around.

I carried my bag to my dresser. I spent the week and a half at the Speedwagon Foundation to be closer to Jotaro, so I had a bag for myself. I began unpacking it.

When I was, I looked back at Jotaro.

He was staring at me.

I stood up and asked, "You remember anything?"

He said, "No. Just watching." He grabbed the visor of his hat and pulled it down a little. It was something he usually did. He may not remember, but he did have similar mannerisms.

"I'm hungry," I said. "How about you explore the house while I get us something to eat. You can go to the office since that more or less your space."

"Mm," he mumbled as he stood up. He walked to the door.

I went and placed the bag in the closet. Then I went to the hallway and went to the hallway's closet. I took my keys from my pocket and locked the door.

Then I went to the kitchen hoping to cook something big enough for Jotaro's appetite and an extra person.

After I was done, I went to search for both of them.

I went to the guest room, but Jolyne wasn't there. Then I went to the office. There, I found both of them.

Pictures and books were spread on the desk. Jotaro was sitting on the desk, while Jolyne was leaning on it.

I went inside to see what they were looking at in one of the books they were going through. I never been through it before. I stood across from them at the desk. I recognized on of the pictures.

On it was a younger Jotaro with the group he travel to Egypt with. He was 17 at that point. I've only heard of the trip since I wasn't with the Speedwagon Foundation at that time. Most of them were deceased, while one of them is a turtle. I wondered if that picture jogged any memories.

Jotaro looked up at me as to ask for an explanation.

I explained, "These are the people you spent 50 days saving your mother with." I pointed to his grandfather. "This is your grandfather, Joseph Joestar." I pointed to Polnareff. "This is a friend from France. His whereabouts are unknown, but as far as we know, he resides with a friend in Italy. The rest of them are not with us in the world no more." I didn't want to go deep in the explanation of their deaths. I didn't want to overwhelm him.

He turned a page and there was pictures of Jolyne as a baby, him holding her, and some with his ex-wife. It was more pictures of Jolyne than anything. He looked back up at me.

I replied, "Well, that's self-explainitory. That's your ex and your daughter."

He looked at Jolyne.

She just gave a smile back. There was something about that smile. It was like she never knew he kept those pictures in the first place. It could've been because she found proof.

Proof that he always loved her.

He turned a few pages to find a few more of them and some with other family members.

Then there was a page with pictures that I took of him and a few with both of us. It mostly at the beach where the house is facing. Some more was from his office or even at the bar. It was mostly from when I insisted to take picture of him enjoying himself. I didn't recognize some of the pictures.

I didn't know he kept those pictures himself.

"Do you... remember any of this?"

"No."

A silence fell in between us. The only sounds were the waves outside of his window.

Jotaro quietly observed the photos. "Sorry."

I finally said, "Let's not worry about it too much. It's time to eat. Let's all enjoy dinner together."

"Alright," Jolyne chimed in. She went ahead of us out the room.

I turned to follow her, but a distressed sigh stopped me in my tracks. I turned to see an equally distressed expression. "Are you okay?"

"I feel like I'm missing something. I should be looking for something. Something's wrong."

"Everyone's safe," I reassured. I knew that was something that usually worried him. I could see that his anxiety was spiking. I was hoping that could put him at ease. "Believe me. I saw what happened. We tied up the loose ends."

Jotaro's shoulders were very tense. He stood up from the chair. "The food's going to get get cold." He hid his eyes under the hat's visor and walked by me. He wasn't convinced.

So... if you read this far, you could see that I still haven't given the character a name or gender. I had on instance when I used "she", so I changed it. Idk what it should be! I was just too lazy to pick one... but somehow I gave them a stand. ToT