29. Shouldn't Have Asked

On Friday, Jae and Tay had planned for us to go on a double date at the movies. We ate at Wendy's and watched a movie. The girls paid since it was their idea. Secretly, while Tay was in the restroom, I slipped $30 into her wallet. I was getting tired of her paying everywhere we went. Her idea or not.

While we were driving there, I invited Tay to come to Downtane with me for the weekend. She agreed happily.

Dad gave up on keeping me away from my friends by day 2. Little did he know that if woulda threatened me with another spanking, I would've complied. I was sore.

I left my house at 6 to meet Tay. Carter was driving her halfway and not because he wanted to. I told her to dress comfy because the ride seems to take forever.

Caters truck was already sitting in the church parking lot when I pulled in. Tay hopped out with her bag and proceeded to get in with me. She leaned over and kissed me.

She was wearing light blue sweatpants and white crop top that showed a little cleavage and a grey zip up jacket that was half way zipped. Her hair was in a low messy bun and holy smokes! I've got a gorgeous girlfriend. Like dammmmn.

"I don't even have words for how good I think you look right now," I told her honestly.

She laughed and said, "That works."

I was wearing plain grey sweats and a black hoodie. We were going to stay the night at my nan and pop's house but hang out with my friends during the day.

"Wanna finish the truth or truth game, deep things that we don't want our brothers to know?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said.

I get why she wouldn't want to talk about her brother but I literally had no clue. I feel like I've shared so much about myself and yet she has so many secrets.

"Who first?"

"I'll go. What's your most toxic trait?"

"Trying to help people so much that I end up pushing them away," she answered immediately.

"Hmm. Who?"

"There's been several people but a specific example is my best friends in 8th grade. Neither were in a good place and we're doing drugs. They didn't want to be helped. I know that you can't help people unless they want help but I forced it upon them anyways. Eventually I had to excuse myself from it because I became obsessed and their problems consumed my every thought."

"Are they doing better now?"

"Not that I know of."

"That really sucks," I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Ok, my turn. Biggest turn on and biggest turn off?"

"I did not expect you to ask that," I laughed, "the biggest turn on for me is being cared for and cuddled. I also like bossy girls. I don't know why, I just like being bossed around but I also want you to pet my hair and kiss me softly."

"That's good to know. What kind of bossy are we talking about?" she asked.

"I'm not willing to go into detail," I said gently. Her face fell slightly but she nodded anyway.

"Now for my biggest turn off, I'd say pushyness and lying."

"I'll agree on those."

"Hmm now I'm curious. What about you?"

"Turn on is good manners, dark hair, and sweet to their momma," she replied instantly.

"Interesting."