Chapter 6

~Third person Provo~

"Where am I?" Lenia ask Casey while pulling her knees to her chest.

"Your in a clinic at the Lightning Night Pack. Do you remember anything?" Casey ask while sitting in front of her. Lenia looks around taking in everything.

"Yes I remember" Lenia tells her in a quiet voice. Casey doesn't want to force her to talk about it so she lets it go.

"Well I'm Casey and your safe here. We will all protect you. Would you like some clean clothes?" Casey ask her while jumping off the bed. Lenia nods her head while looking at her dirt filled clothing. Casey rushes out of the clinic running into Logan.

"How is she?" Logan fires off following Casey to the laundry room.

"She's okay health wise. I'm getting her new clothes" Casey explains while rummaging through baskets. She pulls out a simple pair of washout jeans and a blue v-neck shirt. She grabs unused undergarments before rushing back to the clinic.

"Casey!" Logan calls out right before she disappears behind the forbidden doors. "Ask her if she feels the connection" Logan begs before walking away.

Casey's heart breaks for her alpha but she must stay focus.

"Her you go Lenia" Casey says handing her the clean clothes.

"Thank you" Lenia says while walking into the bathroom for privacy. Once she is freshly changed she comes out and sits by Casey.

"How are you feeling?" Casey ask with an interested look. Lenia takes in Casey seeing if she's trusting. She looks at Casey's curly brown hair and round brown eyes. Casey is a few inches taller and very fit.

"I don't know how to explain it. I feel safe right now being here, but when someone else enters my fight or flight kicks in. I'm scared they did terrible things to me, and I barely got away" Lenia explains to Casey with a far away look in her eyes.

"I sorta understand. Could you tell me what happened to you?" Casey ask in a gentle voice as if she was speaking with a child. Lenia shuts her eyes tight shaking her head violently.

"Okay, okay we don't have to talk about it yet" Casey says wrapping Lenia into her arms.

"I..I..it w..was t..t..terrible they tourched me a..a..and" Lenia cries shaking with fear.

"Shh, your okay Lenia dear. I got you, your safe" Casey says over and over again. It takes a while before Lenia actually relaxes.

"How about I tell you about me" Casey suggest while pulling back to wipe Lenia's eyes. Lenia nods her head while forcing a small smile.

"I'm an only child, my parents died in the last great battle our pack faced five years ago. I was really devastated and depressed but then three years after my parents death I found my mate. His name is Layton he's the packs beta. He is amazing and caring, I can count on him for everything. He slowly took the pain away" Casey tells her with a dreamy look in her eyes. Lenia can see the pure love coming from Casey.

"He sounds great" Lenia tells her wanting to be happy for Casey, but really she feels bad for her.

"He is. Do you know who your mate is?" Casey ask already knowing who he is. Lenia recoills in fear at the mention of her own mate.

"He's a terrible man who I never wish to see" Lenia says fearful shocking Casey. Casey is so confused she doesn't know what to do or say.

"Lenia are you saying your mate is the man who hurt you?" Casey ask trying to understand.

"Yes. I was fourteen when I met him. My mom and big sister used to fill my head with the magic mates posses. They would tell me how amazing it felt to have a mate, that it was like a fairy tale come true. But then I met him and at first I didn't believe we were mates. I didn't feel the spark my mom and sister used to talk about. But he was so kind to me and always was there for me, until one day I told him no. He wanted to fully mate with me, but I told him I'm to young. I just wasn't ready he was already three years older then me."  Lenia tells Casey getting her full attention.

"He was furious that I refused to mate with him. That was the first time he hit me. The first time I truly felt fearful. On my fifteenth birthday he tried to force me to have sex. My parents caught him above me while I screamed. They kicked him out saying he wasn't my true mate, that made him furious. Later that night he snuck in and killed my parents and kidnapped me." Lenia continues with tears streaming from her eyes.

"He kept me in a warehouse where he beat me and rapped me constantly. He had me for almost three years" Lenia tells Casey her body shaking with the memory of her past.

"How'd you get away?" Casey ask while rubbing Lenia's back.

"He was beating me and then just stopped like he forgot I was there. Earlier that day I found sleeping pills and at first I was going to take them, but something stopped me. I put them in his food drugging him. He passed out after beating me for not cleaning the living room. While he was sleep I left and ran for miles" Lenia explains while wrapping her arms around her self.

"Lenia I'm so sorry. He was not your mate though Lenia you don't have to fear mates" Casey says with hope gleaming in her eyes.

"How do you know?" Lenia ask with a fearful look. Lenia's bright blue eyes are open wide fear dancing around her irises.

"Because your mate is my alpha Logan" Casey says while jumping off Lenia's bed with excitement. "I'll prove it"

Logan come in slowly

Casey's tells Logan through the mind link.

Logan slowly enters the clinic causing Lenia to jump.

"No stop go away!" Lenia cries running towards the bathroom.

"Lenia please" Logan begs stopping by the door. There's so much sadness in his voice it breaks Casey's heart.

"Don't come near me!" Lenia says hysterically while falling to the floor shaking. "Casey please" she begs tears again streaming down her face.

"Logan" Casey says sadly feeling the hope drain from her. Logan nods his head and leaves the clinic feeling worse then he did before.

How could you do that to me Casey

Logan yells through the mind link.

I'm sorry Logan

Casey replies broken as she rushes to Lenia. She lifts her small frame into her arms and back on the bed.

"H..h..how could you" Lenia says between sobs. Casey's normally shiny brown eyes dim with disappointment.

"I'm sorry Lenia, I won't do that again" Casey promises her while trying to coax her to sleep.

"I'm broken" Lenia mutters right before sleep consumes her.

(Casey played by Maia Mitchell)