Chapter 1

"Son it's time" my dad tells me for the fifth time today.

"Dad I don't need a mate to run this pack. All I need is my beta and third in command" I tell him again. I don't understand his obsession with me finding my mate.

"Oh son your not understanding. When you find your mate and feel the connection only a mate can posses, then you'll understand. An Alpha needs there mate to be at their full strength" he says with a gleam in his eyes.

"You don't have yours and your fine" I say as I look away not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes. "I did and your mother was amazing I miss her everyday. May she rest in peace" he says after clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry dad" I mutter feeling terrible for bringing her up. "Your fine my boy. Now get out of here you have work to do and a mate to find" he says while ushering me out. I leave his office while rolling my eyes, he needs to let the mate thing go already. "Logan" Peyton yells as she runs into my legs. "Hey pretty girl" I say to my little sister. Peyton is a fierce little six year old. She has wild brown hair and bright green eyes like me, we get it from our mother.

"Layton and Taylor are looking for you" she tells me as I lift her into my arms and head out back. Leyton and Taylor are my beta and third in command. We all grew up together.Leyton is my right hand man I can always count on him. While Taylor is great and always keeps people calm and positive.

"Finally" Layton say as I emerge out side with Peyton. Peyton giggles at the funny faces Taylor starts making.

"Okay girly go back inside we have training to do" I tell her while placing her feet on the ground.

"Come on Logan I want to come" she pouts making it hard to tell her to run off. I point to the house causing her to whimper and run off.

"She's going to be a handful when she's older" Layton says as we start walking to the training field.

"I know, who you telling" I say with a shake of my head. I look over at Layton taking in his dirty blond hair and trusting blue eyes. He's a pretty strong dude and very lean. We are around the same height but I'm a few inches taller then him. I then turn and look at Taylor, who's the shortest out of us. He has short black hair and open black eyes that literally tell every thing he can't or won't say. One we reach the training field I call for attention. Everyone stopped what there doing and focuses on what I'm saying.

"Grab a partner and start working on your attacks. Don't get anyone to far out of your caliber" I tell everyone as I count to make sure everyone is here. I command them to disperse and start as I walk around. I walk over to a young pair who just joined us.

"Lower Nick and after your moving to slow" I tell him.

"Yes Alpha" he responds making a smile go to my face. I love when they call me that even though I am technically not alpha yet. I continue walking around helping the younger wolves and sparing off with a few older ones.

After about an hour we set out for a run.

"Okay pay attention especially you newbies. We are running five miles to a location and five back so a total of ten miles. We will run in wolf form there but human form on our way back. We must not only have a strong wolf form, but also a strong human body. Okay enough talk lets set out" I finish explaining be for shifting. I stretch out my legs shaking out my dark black fur a bit. I bump Layton with my head in his shoulder earning a shove back.

Lead them I'll take up the rear.

I tell Layton threw our mind link. He nods as he sets of barking for everyone to follow. As everyone races after him I take up the back making sure no one is slaking.

The run takes nearly two hours. On the way back in human form a lot of the newer wolves had a hard time keeping up.

"Okay boys go get showers and re-hydrated. See you bright and early tomorrow" I tell them at they all disperse.

"Leyton we still hanging out after I shower?" I ask as we walk into the house.

"Yeah, but Casey will be with us" he tells me with a smile. Casey is Leytons mate, they found each other about a year and half ago.

"Okay Taylor will be there" I say before running up to my room. I hop in the shower to get rid of the sticky sweaty feeling.

(Logan played by Logan Lerman