Chapter 5

"Casey, how is she?" I ask for the millionth time. They refuse to let me see Lenia, saying she's not mentally ready.

"She's gotten stronger, but she's still to afraid. It will be a while till she's comfortable around people. And possibly longer before she's comfortable around you" Casey tells me causing me to fall to my knees. Her words didn't set me at ease at all.

"Why me? Why would the moon goddess do this to me? Is it because I was so set against finding my mate in the first place?" I ask out of desperation. I feel like my whole life is falling apart. Like some one is toying with me waiting for me to take the bait.

"Oh Logan, don't think like that" Layton tells me. He attempts to lay his hand on my shoulder but I recoil back.

"What choice do I have?" I ask no one in particular. Before anyone could tell me how foolish I'm being I take off. I shift as soon as my feet hit the grass. I run threw the paths trying to clear my head. Every time I shut my eyes I see her eyes. Her bright scared blue eyes. They were begging me to help her, to save her from her demons.

Logan come home

My father tells me through the mind link. I growl out of frustration before racing home. Since I wasn't to far I'm home and walking towards my dad's office in not time.

"Yes?" I ask as I sit across from my old man. He looks so tired and over worked. I wish he would just step down already and let me take over.

"I have talked to Grace and Casey. They say Lenia is all healed up, but she has a nasty past that still haunts her. You need to stay away" he tells me making my light eyes darken in rage.

"How do you expect me to do that?" I ask him while fuming in rage. I start to shake slowly losing control.

"Logan my boy calm down, it's not forever just until Casey gets her better. She's been through a lot Logan, she's very afraid" he gets to coax me. I take really deep breaths while looking into my father's sad brown eyes.

I remember when mom was sick. My dad was always temperamental and sad. His eyes would get dull and he stopped playing with me.

"I'm supposed to be able to protect her she needs me" I say through my clenched teeth. My dad shakes his head sadly while looking away from me.

"Son, she's to afraid to even realize your her mate. Grace said there was a lot of sign of sexual abuse amongst physical abuse. She won't be able to handle you" he tells me. I used to think losing my mother was the worse thing that ever happened to me. Little did I know that what my father would suggest next would tear me apart.

"Logan maybe you should reject her" slips from his mouth causing a growl to leave my own.

"NO! How could you even suggest that? After all you said about mates and how there spectacular" I scream not able to contain my self. He wants me to do the impossible, reject my own mate. No, never, I couldn't.

I get up and storm out of his office not being able to look at him any longer. All the things he has told me, where they honesty or just lies he feed me. How could he even think I would reject her?

"Logan" Taylor says cautiously as he approaches me.

"What?" I yell a bit to loud causing him to flinch. "I'm sorry Taylor"

"No worries pal I get your stressed and angry. But you have to stay positive. Not just for you but for the whole make. We all hurt Logan and it's your job to help us through it" Taylor tells me while squeezing my shoulder.

"Maybe I'm not cut out for alpha" I mutter while shutting my eyes.

"Logan Reed Jacob, I know you didn't just say that." Layton say while walking into our conversation.

"Layton step down some" Taylor warns, but Layton being him pays no attention.

"I didn't stand by your side for all these years for you too get weak. I remember when we were five and you made everyone call you alpha. Yeah you hit a bump in the road so what. We will help you through this. You have an army here so don't ever think your alone" Layton tells me straight forward no sugar coating it.

"I...I just don...." I start to say as Grace comes busting threw the kitchen doors.

"Logan she's talking for the first time" Grace say with a huge smile. I jump up hope coursing threw my veins.

"What did she say? Where is she? Who did she talk to? Does she know I'm her mate?" I fire of questions after question making Grace over whelmed.

"Calm down Logan. She talked to Casey asking where she is. She's still at the clinic for her safety. You also still can't go in" she explains making me fall right back into my seat.

"She doesn't know I'm her mate" I mutter depressed and hurt. All the hope that filled me two seconds ago is now splattered across the walls.

"I'm sorry Logan, I just thought you would like to hear the good news" Grace tells me while patting my back. I thank her before she walks away.

"Come on bud this is good new. Maybe she will come around sooner then they think" Taylor tells me trying to sound positive.
"Yeah maybe" I mutter to him before getting up and walking away. I head to my room slamming and locking the door behind me. I strip out of my clothes and lay on my bed. I just don't understand anymore. On one hand I want to believe Taylor and Layton, but I just don't know.

What if she never gets over her fears of men? What if she deciders to reject me?

Thousands of negative thoughts flood my mind as I try to drift of into sleep. All I can see is her scared blue eyes.

(Taylor played by Josh Huntcherson)