Part 46

When we approach the KORP HQ, we huddle together one last time and go over the game plan for tonight.

Eva is going to go ahead of everyone and create a huge commotion, causing the main guard to come outside, at which point, Zayn and me - in our invisibility gear - will slip inside of the building.

Max and Niko are tasked with placing 30 bombs all throughout KORP's campus, so that once Zayn and I have retrieved the chip with the formula of Element X on it, we can blow the entire campus to pieces, ensuring that no trace of Element X, or contaminated cases of Iggy's Elixir, continue to exist on Shinar.

Destroying the KORP HQ will  be such a huge setback for Kromo, that even if he were to have other cases of Element X and contaminated cases of Iggy's Elixir stored in other places, he wouldn't be able to do anything about it for a while.

By then, our plan is to have confessed everything to Xeno and Moxie, handing over the formula for Element X to them, and having the entire Squad to back us up.

"Okay, everyone," I say. "On the count of three - one, two, three. Break!"

We all split-up and go our respective routes.

Niko and Max separate from the group.

Eva is a few paces ahead of Zayn and me.

"Activate invisibility shield," I hear Zayn say. I mimic his command.

Now, we're both invisible.

"Zayn?" I whisper. "I can't see you."

"I know dummy," he laughs. "I can't see you either!"

He grabs my hand. "But I'm right here."

My heart skips a beat, and my body tingles. Hand-in-hand, we follow behind Eva.

I'm so glad I chose Zayn to go into KORP with me. It's like Mimba - round two.

Eva gets to the front of the building, and when the guard sees her, he immediately grabs his gun and stands up but stays inside.

Eva looks ridiculous.

Over her suit, she's wearing neon tutus and feather boas, a crazy blue wig and lots and lots of glitter. Her face is painted in a weird war-mask-like pattern. And she's holding a stereo.

She turns music on and starts making really annoying squawking sounds and doing really awkward dance moves. At one point, she slams herself up against the glass door and starts air-humping it.

The guard just stares at her, gun-ready, but does nothing.

I'm starting to get nervous. Why isn't the guard doing anything? Why is he just sitting there, staring, motionless?

Then, Eva does the unthinkable.

She takes off all of her clothes - and wig - and starts running around, butt-naked, back-and-forth in front of the building, bald head and all. She looks insane.

Public nudity is illegal, so the guard has to come out at this point, and as he does, Zayn and I quietly slip inside, undetected, just before the door snaps shut.

The guard arrests Eva, and she carefully grabs all of her clothes and waves goodbye and blows kisses to her imaginary audience as he escorts her off the premises.

That was amazing, I think to myself. Go Eva.

"Okay, Karina," whispers Zayn. "We don't have much time. Niko and Max will be done placing all of the bombs in less than ten minutes, and then whoever's left inside here - or inside of any building on KORP's campus - will be obliterated."