Part 34

"Excuse me?" I snap.

"You heard me," she says. "You're such a freakin' slut, K-Nigma."

"You can't have Zayn and Niko," she adds. "So, stay away from Zayn."

"What about you and Max?" I snap. "You two are inseparable. Who knows what's really going on there!"

She looks horrified but doesn't say anything. We just stand there and stare at each other.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she answers. "And say whatever you want - no one will believe you anyway. Max's such a putz. Stay away from Zayn. He's mine."

"He's not yours," I retort. "He's not anyone's at the moment."

Eva sighs and rolls her eyes, "Whatever. He's definitely not going to be yours once I tell him what I saw you and Niko doing tonight."

"You cannot be serious right now," I retort. "How bored do you have to be to spend so much time obsessing over what I'm doing? Step off!"

"Oh this is NOT about you, Karina," she screams. "How much more arrogant can you get?!"

"I am not arrogant," I snap. "You're the self-obsessed one."

"I'm getting ready for bed," I add. "Good night."

I walk toward the bathroom, and just as I'm about to shut the door, Eva yells at me.

"Karina, wait!" she exclaims.

"What, Eva?" I snap.

"I'll re-consider telling Zayn about what I saw tonight if you do something for me," she says.

"I already told you Eva, I can't promise anything about Zayn," I answer.

"No, this has to do with Iggy," says Eva.

"What about her?" I ask.

"Get me a private meeting with her, and your secret is safe with me," she says.

"Are you joking right now?" I answer. "Iggy is so famous. How the hell am I going to get you a private meeting with her?"

"That's not my problem," answers Eva. "Plus, I heard a rumor through the grapevine that after that Iggy concert you went to, you somehow managed to get backstage and hook-up with her."

"Gives me one more reason to call you a slut," she adds.

Zayn, I think. That idiot. He must have bragged about getting me a backstage pass. But why would he do that? People just love to talk about other people - it's so absurd.

"Just to clarify," I respond. "I didn't hook-up with Iggy. Congratulations - that's actually the most ridiculous rumor you've made up about me at this point."

Eva rolls her eyes.

"Well, looks like you've got your work cut out for you then," she retorts. "If you want your little rendezvous with Niko to stay a secret, you better think long and hard about how to get me what I want."

"And just for the record," she adds. "I didn't make up that rumor about you. I just heard it. You earned that reputation all by yourself, K-Nigma."

"You're a real piece of work, Eva," I say, locking myself in the bathroom.

"You have 48 hours," Eva sneers. "TWO DAYS!"

I turn on my cell and pull up Pikar's info.

I message her, "Hey Piks - huge favor to ask you."

Pikar responds, "Yeah of course, what's up?"

"Remember that total biatch Eva I told you about?" I say.

"Ummm, yeah - how could I forget?" Pikar responds. "She seems terrriibblllee!"

"Lol - yeah," I say. "Well, she said she'd stop hassling me if I could somehow arrange a private meeting with you for her."

"I mean, of course I can do that," answers Pikar. "But how are you going to tell her you did it without blowing our cover?"

"Don't worry - I'll figure that part out," I answer. "Can you do it before you leave again?"

"Okay, I trust ya," Pikar says. "Not tomorrow but the day after, in the morning."

"Perfect!" I say. "Training doesn't start until noon that day, so that's great. You rule."

"Lol, no worries Kish. I got you." Pikar answers.

I sigh a huge sigh of relief.

Now, I just need to figure out how to fabricate a story that Eva will believe.

I don't want anyone to know that Iggy is my sister, until I figure out what's going on with Element X and my dad. Pikar and I going public with our real connection will only make it harder for us to find our dad, or so I'm guessing.

The attention would just be a huge distraction and also really exhausting to deal with.

Also, if the media finds out that we're related, they're inevitably going to try to dig into both of our past lives, and I'm not ready to tell Pikar that our mom is no longer alive.

I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. By the time I'm done in the bathroom, Eva has turned all of the lights out and is fast asleep in her bed.

I tip-toe to my bed and wrap myself under the covers. I glance at the clock. It's 2:00 in the morning. Tomorrow is going to be a long and grueling day.