𝑰𝑽

「投獄」

"Father.." Charlotte called out to her stressed and worn-out father sitting in his dimly lit bedroom.

The father paid no attention to her daughter's callings, silently crying to himself as he wondered just what did they do wrong to deserve this.

Charlotte frowned and slowly walked over to him, sitting down on the bed. No one talked, just silence and quiet sniffles coming from the man. "I just- don't know what I'd do...without your sister.." he says. His voice was raspy and low from all the screaming and crying he had done earlier.

Charlotte burst out into tears hearing her sister's name, immediately hugging her father tightly. "I miss her father! Why would she- just let herself in like that!?" she complains, her grip on the man growing tightly.

"She didn't want any trouble..you know what happens when she resists." He explained quietly, he too was wondering why she was so willing to let them take her. Yet on the other hand he knew as to why, Y/n wasn't the very best with confrontations. She would be the one taking the blame as to end things early before the fight worsened.

"Stupid guards with t-their...stupid- STUPID!" Charlotte groans in frustration, her hand gripping her hair tightly almost ripping it out. But her father had calmed her down, carefully taking her hands and holding them with his.

"Let's wait for her...She'll come back to us, I know it.." He says, taking her daughter's head and kissing the top of her head.

It wasn't a great night for the both of them.

Y/n had to sleep on the cold concrete floor the whole night with nothing to cover her up. Her arm used as a pillow to lay her head with and her other arm on her curled-up knees. Although she had slept on the floor before it didn't mean she was comfortable with it.

She would twist and turn around, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Fetus position, laying on her back or stomach, sideways, etc.

The place was practically hell for her, guards would come by in the middle of the night and check on them. A fight almost broke out between them and the people behind bars, but it was quickly ended due to the guards threatening to kill them if they didn't listen and behave.

They backed off and the silence returned, they turned off the torch and the only visible light was from the entrance door. The cold breeze coming in and flowing throughout the entire room. Luckily for Y/n, she was wearing a long-sleeved dress, just enough to cover her legs and arms. Hopefully, she would last the night with those on.

Morning came by quickly yet Y/n still hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep, dark circles were visible under her eyes and she herself was a mess, a bit smelly too.

"Young master, May I come in?" Louise knocks.

He could hear shuffling before a faint 'Come in'. Louise opened the door to see the prince already dressed up and ready. "Yes? What is it that you need?" he asks.

"The king has requested your presence at the dining hall, Young master."

He sighs, "Is there anything else he said?" The butler shook his head no and stepped aside for him to get out of his room. The both went down to the dining hall quickly and opened it to find the King, the Queen, and the little prince already sitting down in their respective seats.

"Son, good morning. How was your sleep?" The king asks curiously while his so-called mother pours him his wine.

The prince went over to his father's seat and faced him, "It was fine...Why did you call for me, Father?" he asked, trying to get to the point. He couldn't be in the same room as that clingy little puppy beside his dad for long. Seeing her being so obedient and kind in front of Father while stealing his riches, he wondered just what Father had seen in a useless female like her.