𝑰𝑰

「家」

Morning came by and little Ian woke up from his peaceful slumber. He'd never slept better than before, maybe it was from the delicious pottage they made last night. Oh, how he wanted to cook with Y/n again. He looked around to see he was all alone, maybe Y/n woke up early.

He peeked his head outside the opened window and there he saw Y/n standing outside in a set of new clothes with a basket in hand.

He called out for her name and the female swiftly turned around, looking up she saw a newly woken-up Ian with his disheveled hair, some sticking out like spikes. She chuckled and waved her hand. "Where are you going Y/n?" He asked.

"I'll be taking a little trip!"

"To where?"

"To the forest!"

What?! Already!?

"Do you want to come along with me? We could also try to find your way back home." She offers.

Ian gulps and stumbles over his words, "Uhm...Uhh," He ponders for a moment. What was she going to do when she found out his house wasn't there to begin with? He scratches his head before he pokes his head out of the window.

"U-Uhh sure! I'll be there in a minute!" He shouts.

He turned around and ran out of the room, almost bumping into Charlotte on the way downstairs.

"Woah! What's the rush little guy?" She asks while ruffling his hair. "I gotta go! Sorry!" He says in a rush, "Where are you off to?" "Back home! Excuse me, Y/n is outside waiting for me!" He quickly dashed out of her sight and left the house.

"Be careful!" Charlotte shouts.

When he left, There she was, Y/n standing outside with her back facing him.

He walked up to her panting and Y/n immediately turned around to see him sweating, "Oh my! What happened? You're sweating first thing in the morning!" She says. Ian managed to smile and reassure her, "Nothing! I was just in a rush!"

"Here have this, It's cold out there and I don't want you getting sick." She pulls out a knitted scarf and gives it to him. He takes it and Y/n helps him wrap it around himself, Muttering a small 'thank you' to her.

"Are you ready?" She asks and holds out her hand for him to take.

Ian nods before taking it and they both walk off to the forest.

The forest was big so they would be having a hard time finding their way, But thanks to Y/n they knew where they were actually going. First going to this 'place' Y/n was eager to deliver the basket to, he didn't actually know what was inside it but Y/n didn't let him touch it.

After a while of walking Y/n stops in her tracks, "Here we are." she says softly.

Ian looked in front of them to see a little shrine covered in snow, the thin but short candles were not lit and there were 2 small bowls full of berries and the other full of stew. The berries were still fresh but the stew was cold, like someone had been here not long ago. Why was there a shrine here in the middle of the forest?

He was about to ask her when he saw Y/n sitting down on her knees and folding her hands as if she was praying- which is what she was actually doing. Why on earth is she kneeling down? her knees are going to get cold!

Seeing Y/n focused and silent, he felt like he shouldn't disturb her so he kept his mouth shut.

Maybe this was Y/n's friend or someone she was close with? There wasn't a name written on it anywhere from what he could see, so he was just going to assume for now.

𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara