Part One: Behind Enemy Lines

Colonel Mark Kellson sat in the command chair on the bridge of the Anacoda. The Anacoda was an Alcasia-class starship in service to the Alcasian Military which had seen five years of combat against the Alcasian Federal Military which managed to take control of nearly half of the Alcasian Galaxy. At the scanner console, Lieutenant Thomas Evans, 21 Year Old who had joined the Alcasian Military when the war started checked the display for any Alcasian Federal Military vessels.

“There’s nothing on scanners, sir.” Lieutenant Thomas Evans said to his Commanding Officer. “Maybe the Alcasian Federal Military will leave us alone.”

“Or not, Lieutenant.” Lieutenant Colonel Jack Brayans commented as he walked on the bridge and saluated his CO. “Despite the armstice signed by the government on Alcasia, we are still in a state of war.”

“Here is the duty roster for each department head, sir.” Lieutenant Colonel Brayans handed a Santurian DA-973-A datapad to Colonel Kellson who began to read it over.

“Maybe we could get some help against the AFM?” Lieutenant Thomas commented from the weapon console.

“From who? The 4th Amderestan Republic is dealing with their own civil war which has also involved their neighbors as well. The Choranes, Branisians, Rylon-Tylonians, Lenchinis, Tarozenians, and others are still recovering from the aftermath of the intergalactic war between the Amdronian Group Alliance and Blackanian Federation.” Lieutenant Lissan responded. He was a medic stationed onboard the Anacoda when the civil war broke out.

After several hours, Lieutenant Thomas got up from the bridge weapon control console and went to his qaurters along with Lieutenant Thomas Evans, Lieutenant Thomas. The second watch bridge crew which consisted of the Executive Officer, Lieutenant Colonel Jack Brayans, Lieutenant Henry Tessans, and Lieutenant Jacob Tanns who sat at the command, flight control, weapon control, and scanner control consoles.

“Has Intelligence picked any chatter on AFM forces here in the Alnasis Sectors?” Lieutenant Jacob Tanns commented as he conducted a long-range scan of the area and picked up transponder signals from several civilian passenger transports. He let out a relieved sigh as the transports continued on their present course to some destinations. “It’s too quiet out here.”

“Maybe the AFM doesn’t we’re in “their” space” Lieutenant Tessans responded using finger quotes around their. He had a point, currently the Alcasian Federal Military’s Combat Assault Groups or most of them were deployed along the 50,000 light-year border with Alcasian Republic controlled space.

Over on Alcasia on August 1, 90,055, President John Arces accompained by an entourage of Security Personnel exited Alscasian 1, the shuttle used by the President of the Alcasian Republic and proceeded to a nearby speeder. The presidental speeder was equipped with a shield canopy that could in theory stop and all attacks from blaster fire, torpodeos, missiles. The speeder pilot piloted the speeder down the main street of Alcasia City which served as the capital of the Alcasian Republic and entered the government district where the Presidental Building, Executive Building, Defense Ministry, State Ministry, Transportation Ministry, and foreign embassies were located.

President Acres exited his speeder at the entrance to the Presidental building and proceeded inside the ground floor. He proceeded through the vast lobby which had a vistor’s area to the elevators which took him upto the 40th floor. The 40th floor of the Presidental Building was set aside a personal residence for the current President of the Alcasian Republic and his family.

“Mr. President, there is an urgent communique from Crescent.” President Acres’ Chief Of Staff commented as he exited the elevator. “Thank you, Johnson. Have it patched through to my Computer Access Terminal Screen.”

After a minute, the image of President Brians seated at his office at the Executive Building on Crescent appeared on screen. “I’ve been made aware of your situation regarding the Alcasian Federation. Amderestan Military Intelligence has found connections between the Alcasian Federal Military and the Eastern Group Alliance. I have authorized one of my Field Commanders to send a Combat Advisor Team over to Alcasia to your situation.”

“Thank you, you have your own situation there deal with.” President Acres referred to the Amderestan-STPLA Civil War which involved the Pairisian Republic, Dancalian Republic and Tarozenian Republic. “I’ll personally meet with your CAT when they arrive here on Alcasia.”

Meanwhile in the Alcasian Federation controlled Alnasis Sectors, Colonel Mark Kellson sat in his qaurters onboard the Anacoda  and read over updated intelligence reports concerning Alcasian Federal Military Combat Assault Groups deployments. Most of them were currently on the cease fire line established along the edge of Alcasian Federation controlled space.

“Kellson, to all personnel.” Colonel Kellson said into the intercom unit located near the door controls to his quarters. “I’m placing this vessel under 24 Hour Tactical Alert. The Bridge, Armory, and Engineering will be manned at all times on a four shift rotation of six hours each. Shuttle and Transport crews will standby in case the launch order is given. Medical and damage control teams will standy as well.”

Shortly after, the the indicator lights installed throughout the Anacoda to signal the current alert status and the 100 Alcasian Military officers and enlisted currently on duty proceeded to the various stations for the first duty shift which ran from 0000 hours to 0600.

At a nearby Alcasian Federal Military Scanner Installation, Colonel Gerabs watched the scanner displayed which showed the current positions of the hundreds of thousands of Alcasian Federal Military starships, crusiers and destroyers located near the Alcasis system.

“Is that a civilian vessel?” Colonel Gerabs commented as another officer came over to the scanner display. “The vessel is staying out of any planetary systems, wonder why?”

“Gerabs, can you identify which vessel that is?” The other AFM Officer responded to Colonel Gerabs who searched the vessel registry for a minute before the realization sunk in.

“Unindentifed vessel is an Alcasia-class starship, crew compilement 400 officers and enlisted.” Colonel Gerabs said. “Course: bearing One-Seven-Five, moving west at Full sublight speed.”

“Colonel, whose vessel is it?” General Kerrans who was the Executive Officer of Alcasian Federal Military Scanner Installation.

“The Anacoda, sir.” Colonel Gerabs said. "Under the command of Colonel Kellson who is a fine Commanding Officer. He and I served together a bit before I switched sides."