Cover

Mimi Pov

It's been two weeks since I lied to August about my pregnancy. I knew he wasn't dumb and was going to soon start asking questions about it. He'd already started a day after he heard about it.
"Is that where you went instead of the store? Is that why you've been acting so moody? Is that why you haven't been drinking or whatever."

All the questions were covered up by more and more lies. The guilt set in after every one.

Today, while looking in the mirror in our bathroom, August come put his arm around my belly region.

"You don't have morning sickness. You a lucky one huh?"

I giggled and looked down. "I know right."

"When is your next doc appointment?"

"I don't know I'd have to check. But anyways..." I turn around to face him. I kiss his neck tattoos and go to his lips. "Let's go away."

He pick me up and sit me up on the sink.

"Whatchu talking about girl? Away?"

"Away. Just me and you."

"Babe it's already me and you."

"It could be twice as better on a beach somewhere."

He raise an eyebrow and smile. "And where do you plan on going?"

I really hadn't thought anout going anywhere until just now. So I blurt out the first place in my head when I visualize beach.

"Let's go to Cali. Tomorrow, let's fly."

"You okay baby? That's pretty soon."

"I'm fine," I wrap my arms around his neck and make kissy faces at him. "And so are you. Which is why I want you all to myself on a beach house. By ourselves."

"You know Cali is pretty far. Which means it's more expensive..."

I poke my lip out and give him the puppy dog face.

"Come on girl, don't do that. You know I got things to do."

"So make me one of em'."

"Can we wait? "

"No." I demand

"Two days." He say with a sigh.

"Two days?"

"Give me two days baby. Let me make a couple moves. Then we can go wherever you want for however long you want."

It was bittersweet. Because I'd heard that before.

Two days is good enough for me but in those two days Aug will be gone doing what he does. Doing what I hate him doing.

Which means I'll spend two days in the house without his warm body lingering around me.

But maybe I shouldn't complain because I'd rather have him be away for the day then have him in my face and have to lie to him.

"Okay, okay. I can deal with that."

"Come on." He get me down from the counter and take my hand.

We sit on our bed, he reach under the bed and grab something. It was a white IPad with a pink bow on it.

"Awww, I can look up flights on it. Thanks babe."

"You're welcome beautiful. Now, it's five o'clock. I probably won't be back until about one. Don't wait up for me."