More Letters. Another Visit.

How did you like visiting? I know it was hard leaving but you did good. I'm proud of you baby. To keep it real, I cried like a baby that night. I wanted to walk out that door with you so bad and I felt like I was leaving you alone in the outside world. Please know I feel guilty as fuck every night. Anyways, I love you. As always. And write me back soon as possible.

I didn't like visiting to be honest. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing you...just knowing I had to leave killed me on the inside. And lord knows I don't need a killing on the inside of me. Don't feel guilty please. Just have your mind set on prevention and bettering yourself when you get out. Remember I'll be right here waiting. I love you more. Hope this is soon enough ❤

August POV
Seeing and feeling Mimi's handwriting made me feel like she was kinda there. I loved that the most.
~
My brother Travis coming to visit me today. I was always happy to see my brother because I didn't get to see him often. I wasn't too proud that it was on this occasion though.
~
"You finally decided to come and see ya brother huh?" I say jokingly. Partly serious.

"You know this isn't the type of visit I wanted to do...but it works."

"Yeah...sorry to be a disappointment and all that other shit."

"You ain't no disappointment. You just ain't changed from that sane ol knucklehead back in New Orlins. I hope this finally change your perspective."

"It's doing something. I don't know what to feel up in here."

"I hope you feel a change...how do your lady feel about all this?"

"She holding it together I suppose. I feel like I'm breaking her heart everyday that I'm in here."

"That should be inspiration to never come back in this bitch."

I snack my lips and chuckle, "You came in here to preach?"

"Just making sure I get it sculpted in your hard head."

"Well Trav, I appreciate that. Now can you make my depressed ass laugh cuz lord knows..."

Mimi POV
I guess the visit wasn't as I expected. But it for sure is something I don't want to do often. I'm gonna try to see if I can just do it once every month. Hopefully August understands.
~
And something I'm starting to understand is how hard it is to maintain his house. I was paying everything the first two months he was gone. Now, it's taking a toll on my bank account.

I wasn't no drug dealer so I don't have this type of money. To his account I go...
~
"Bitch you hungry or what? Eating them waffles like August didn't used to bring you here all the time."

I remember when we first met, he brought me here. August bright me back plenty of times. This became my favorite restaurant. Everytime I come, the food just get better and better.
"Don't judge me hoe. This place fire as fuck."

"Cheers to that." We clink our lemonades together as if they were drinks and continue...

(Short, but that don't mean I don't love y'all haha)