Chapter 11: What I Discovered

Kushida's POV

I got to my room and laid down on my bed, hugged my pillow tightly and buried my face in it. This calmed me down a bit, and now I could think about everything that happened more calmly.

After a few minutes of thinking about it, I came to a conclusion. I threw my pillow to the side, because that's what I came to.

It can't be, what is happening to me means only one thing...

"I have feelings for Ayanokouji-kun."

After saying that, I remembered several things that happened with him since we met, and also in previous days. The way he defended me from Hirata and the kiss on the cheek I gave him.

Today something happened that made me sad, but I finally understood.

"I like you Ayanokouji-kun."

I still don't know everything about your relationship with Karuizawa-san, I don't know if you are something more than acquaintances since I never saw you interact before.

After what I heard today I can assume that you are something more... I will find out what kind of relationship you have.

After thinking about all of that, the only thing left to do is to confirm what kind of relationship exists between those two and then see if I have a chance with Ayanokouji.

So many things I thought, I was exhausted, the hours passed I decided to take a shower and then I went to sleep. At the end of the day I am happy, happy to find out what I really feel for him.

...

I woke up very lively, while having breakfast I planned several ways to approach and talk to Ayanokouji-kun, I should create a situation to be alone with him.

While I was planning the time flew by, and got ready to go to class, I left a little late. I got to the elevator and pressed the button for the first floor, because I was late and I was the only one in the elevator.

Kushida: I hope I got there on time.

The elevator stopped at the boys' floor, the doors opened, and there was Ayanokouji-kun entering the elevator.

There was no one else, just the two of us.

Ayanokouji: "Good morning, Kushida."

Kushida: "Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun."

I answered him as I normally do. A few moments ago, I was planning how to be alone with him. Now that we are alone I don't know what to say, I'm nervous.

Ayanokouji: "Did you wake up late today?"

He initiates the conversation, now that I think about it I shouldn't get nervous, we spent almost a year together as classmates in school.

We did several things, no problem, I just have to remain the same as always.

Kushida: "Yes, last night I was thinking a lot of things and I slept late."

Ayanokouji: "I see. You should rest better, after all there are still things you have to do in class and the exam is near."

Kushida: "Don't worry, I will. Besides, I still have to think of a confrontation for the exam."

We got out of the elevator and went to class together while chatting on the way.

Ayanokouji: "You could choose swimming."

Kushida: "Swimming?"

Ayanokouji: "Yes, you're good at it, I think you're at the top of the class from what I saw."

He saw me, that makes me happy, and as he says I am good. I think I know which one I will choose, but won't tell him yet.

Kushida: "I see, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you Ayanokouji-kun."

It was already late, we were in the corridors near our classroom. Almost when we arrived we ran into Chabashira-Sensei, this will be bad I thought.

Chabashira-sensei: "You're the only ones missing, I will not take into account your delay for today. I have some papers to deliver, so go to the classroom quickly."

The two of us entered the room, as Chabashira said we were the only ones missing. When we entered the room the others saw us, and as they could not miss us, they began to start rumors.

The first one to say something was Sudou-kun.

Sudou: "Well done Ayanokouji, I didn't expect that from you."

Ayanokouji: "That's not it."

I'm kind of glad they think that but I have to act like it's not.

Kushida: "It's not what you guys think!"

After pretending that, I went to my seat and I could feel two furtive glances on me, one was Karuizawa-san and the other was Satou-san.

Satou-san is interested in him. Everyone knows that, but Karuizawa confirms to me that she feels something for him too.

That makes me a little upset... but I have to know what Ayanokouji-kun feels.