Chapter 6: The Special Exam Announcement

Ayanokouji's POV

Today, Chabashira-sensei will give us information about the next special exam. The class is waiting for her arrival.

Hirata is still not back to class, yet most of them are nervous. Horikita will be in charge of leading them in this exam, and I will keep calm and will not exert myself unless it is required.

The wait was over, Chabashira-sensei arrived in the classroom, everyone kept silent and paid attention to her.

Chabashira-sensei: "Good morning. I will start with the explanation of the next and final special exam of this year.

The exam will be a challenge of confrontations. Each student will be given two cards, one for attack and one for defense.

With the attack card, you can choose the type of confrontation you will have with another student, this confrontation can be whatever you choose. You can choose chess, running, swimming, or whatever you wish, but I recommend you choose something you are good at to ensure victory.

The defense card will help you to avoid a confrontation, if another student challenges you in a confrontation that you cannot win, use this card and that student will not be able to challenge you again.

On this occasion, victories and defeats will count as points and these will be accumulated and placed in a general ranking, if they have the highest score they will have the first place.

Now the rules:

1. The test will last a day.

2. Victories are worth +1 point and defeats -1 point, i.e: if the class has 10 victories and 10 defeats at the end of the day the class will have 0 points.

3. You can only challenge the same student every so often. If someone wants to challenge only one student he/she must wait 2 hours to challenge him/her again, in order not to take advantage of a weak student in a challenge.

4. Challenges will be school-wide and will only be between classes of the same year, freshman classes will only challenge each other.

5. The day after the exam, students who wish may continue with the challenges until noon. But this time, they will be able to challenge students from other years and the victory points will be worth +3 points, while defeats will remain at -1 point.

6. If a student loses in a challenge, he/she will lose his/her attack card. The defense card has only one use.

7. If a student manages to win 3 challenges in a row, he/she will be awarded an extra card. They will be given a chance to choose the card of their preference.

8. They can use their cards to help a partner, either they use defense or attack, only if they have one of these cards.

Now for the rewards:

1. First placers will get 100 class points in addition to adding the points they get from the exam.

2. The other classes will add the points obtained in the examination to their class points.

And the last, Expulsions:

There is only one case of expulsion. The class that finishes in last place will have to expel a student.

That's all, if you have no questions, you may leave."

It looks like the exam will be complicated, and the class might have problems.

Everyone left slowly, until only Horikita and I were left, while Chabashira-sensei was writing down some things.

Horikita: "Well, what are you going to do?"

Horikita wants to know if I have anything in mind for this exam.

Ayanokouji: "I'll leave it to you, leader."

Horikita: "..."

Apparently she got upset and decided to leave, I'd better leave too. But first, I'll ask Sensei something.

Chabashira-sensei: "What do you need, Ayanokouji?"

Ayanokouji: "How many times can you protect someone with the cards?"

Chabashira-sensei: "Are you worried about someone?"

Ayanokouji: "No, I'm just curious."

Chabashira-sensei: "Ha! Well, I believe you can defend someone as many times as you want."

Ayanokouji: "I see, I'll take my leave then."