Chapter 17: Another Different Day (3)

Yesterday, a lot of things happened, the classes went normally except for that everyone knew what happened yesterday with Ichinose. Some boys looked at me with envy and others as if I was their hero, meanwhile, some of the girls looked at me with curiosity and the rest incredulously as if they didn't understand why Ichinose noticed me.

I didn't talk to Kushida nor to Ichinose and Airi today, but I'll focus on that after the exam.

Now I'm headed to meet with Sakayanagi. We agreed to meet today since we previously agreed to face each other in this exam.

When I arrived at the meeting place, Sakayanagi was already there, although she wasn't alone - she had her faction with her as usual, only this time Katsuragi was with them. Surely this is a result of the previous exam.

Sakayanagi: "Good afternoon, Ayanokouji-kun, I was waiting for you. Leave us alone, except for you Katsuragi-kun. Stay and listen to our conversation."

Katsuragi: "All right."

The members of Sakayanagi's faction left Katsuragi who obeyed Sakayanagi's order and stayed. Apparently, Katsuragi no longer puts up any resistance to her which means that their class is no longer divided into two factions and only follows one leader - Sakayanagi.

Ayanokouji: "What do you have planned for our confrontation?"

Sakayanagi: "You know, after all we have the same challenge."

She also chose chess. I don't know much about her, but considering that Sakayanagi knows about the White Room, it will be a tricky confrontation.

Sakayanagi: "I'll challenge you after noon, so we'll have the whole afternoon to ourselves."

Ayanokouji: "Can you beat me?"

Sakayanagi: "Again with that question, tomorrow you will find out the answer, Ayanokouji-kun."

She says it with confidence, but she doesn't know if she can beat me either. We'll both see the answer tomorrow.

Ayanokouji: "Then I'll make sure not to have confrontations in the afternoon."

Sakayanagi: "I will too, bur now I have something else to talk to you about."

Ayanokouji: "...?"

Sakayanagi: "It's about what happened yesterday."

Ayanokouji: "I guess this kind of thing spreads quickly."

Sakayanagi: "You're right, everyone at school knows about it."

Ayanokouji: "...And why do you want to talk about it?"

As I asked my question I saw Katsuragi's reaction, he already knew the answer.

Sakayanagi: "The truth-"

Katsuragi: "Wait, are you sure to tell him?"

Sakayanagi: "Easy Katsuragi-kun, don't interrupt me."

Katsuragi: "Sorry, go on."

Sakayanagi: "The truth is, I don't like that someone puts his hands on what interests me. Yesterday upsetted me enough and the fact that Ichinose kissed you bothers me even more, so far I did nothing but I think it's time to mark my territory.

I will make sure that all the girls in the school know that no one but me can be with you and if someone tries something, I will personally take care of her."

He looked at her with surprise, after all he didn't expect Sakayanagi to be that obsessive.

Ayanokouji: "I don't know what to say..."