The Self-Destruct Button

"Did one of you two get any sleep last night ?" George asks after entering the kitchen. I shake my head no and Izzie keeps staring at her coffee. Last night someone was with Meredith and they had some pretty loud sex. All night long.

"I don't know who this mystery man is but damn she is lucky. " Izzie says and I nod. We hear footsteps coming from the stairs and stand next to the kitchen door. We try to keep quiet as a man in a black coat comes down the stairs. I carefully close the door so he can't spot us.

"Oh my god. " I say when DEREK freaking SHEPHERD walks out of the door. Izzie and George look just as shocked.

"This is still going on? Well at least we know he is not only a good neurosurgeon. " Iz says and gets back to drinking her coffee.

"He is our boss. She can't do that. He is all of ours boss. " George complains and I smile at his jealousy.

"She has been scrubbing in on a lot of his surgeries lately," I say and Iz nods. Is this why she has been keeping it a secret? I accidentally say this out loud and Izzie nods again. George doesn't agree but can't say anything because Mer walks in.

"Hey Mer who was with you tonight ?" Iz asks.

"Nobody you know," she answers shortly and Izzie and I look at George. He shrugs and walks out of the kitchen.

In front of the hospital

"Yikes, wouldn't wanna meet you in a dark alley," I tell a sick-looking Cristina as I get out of the car. She is dressed all black in her leather jacket and just got off her motorcycle.

"Right back at ya." She says and smiles. I follow the others inside but Alex bumps into me.

"You run?!" Izzie asks him and he smirks telling us he runs every morning because 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. That jerk always trying to impress us.

We enter the locker rooms and get dressed in our scrubs. Cristina keeps sneezing and Alex keeps being annoying. I braid my hair to the side and watch all the movement.

G: "I need something to keep me awake today. Like a kick-ass surgery or so."

A: " Why? You a bad boy last night George?"

I: "No that's Merediths job."

A: "You a bad boy last night grey? next time count me in."

M: "What's the problem? So I have a sex life. And?"

Y: "Next time tell us so we can sleep in a hotel to actually get some rest."

M: "Am I missing something?"

G: "You were a little loud."

C: "Damn Meredith."

We leave and start following Bailey as always. Meredith keeps yawning and I have to contain my giggle whenever Izzie rolls her eyes at her.

"O'Malley, Yang, Mazing, Karev go to the clinic. Stevens, Grey you stay with me." Bailey says and we follow her orders.

_

I'm near the entrance when I see a middle-aged man standing at the reception bowing down and holding his shoulder. I walk over to him and see that he isn't wearing a shirt just a black leather jacket.

"Hello sir, Can I help you? May I look at that ?" I say and point to his shoulder. He nods while grinning and I slide off the sleeve of the jacket.

"We have a gunshot. We need to take him down to the pit immediately." I shout to Cristina and Alex who are nearby.

"Oh no, it's not an emergency. My friend shot me on purpose. He didn't want to hurt me but I asked him to. I like the scars." He announces proudly while we sit him down in a wheelchair and rush to the pit. I look at Cristina with a judging look and she stares back equally shocked.