If Tomorrow Never Comes

Your Pov

I wake up to the horrible sound of my alarm. It's 4 am. Slowly I force myself out of bed and open my bedroom door. It smells like old people and coffee. I go down the hallway and into the bathroom. First thing I do?

Take off my blood-soaked panties. Of course, that had to happen.

After a long shower, where I almost fall asleep and trip, I get out and see George with two cups of coffee trying to knock on Mers door. I would help him but he is the reason I am wearing a pad instead of a tampon so I just laugh at him when the coffee gets poured all over his pants. He really is in love with Meredith and it is so painfully obvious.

"She is gonna be late! " George exclaims when Mer still hasn't awoken from the dead.

"Maybe she overheard her alarm clock. Maybe heart eyes is right and we should wait for her. " I say getting concerned.

"For what? So we can be late? No way! Come on let's just go she'll be fine. " Izzie says a little annoyed and leaves the house. Quickly I run over to Merediths room and knock on the door. Then I follow the others out and into the car.

In the hospital

We're running after Bailey like baby ducks behind their mother. And there come, Meredith and Cristina.

"You're late. " Bailey says in a harsh tone of voice without looking back at them.

"Well so is Meredith! " Cristina answers to defend herself but decides to just follow along and not say anything else.

"When we walk into this room I expect you to be professional. No laughing, gagging, or jaw-dropping we clear? " We nod and I get butterflies of excitement in my tummy.

We enter the room and.....wow. That thing is huge! Annie, the 43-year old woman came into the hospital last night complaining of shortness of breath. They found a large tumor of unknown origin pressing against her diaphragm.

"Alright. Dr. Mazing is going to take you up for a CT. The CT will give us a better picture of the tumor and then we'll figure out a procedure." Dr. Burke looks at me and I nod. Sweet, so this means I'm on her case.

Annie asks if someone could tell her mom and then if Alex could take her up for the CT instead of me because apparently, he is "fun to look at". I can't believe it. And that jerk just took it. So no tumor for me.

"Why did Alex actually seem nice just now? How he talked to Annie. That's not normal." Izzie wonders and starts to giggle when Meredith says that the "seem" is an important keyword here.

"Well, he must have been here last night when she came in. Man, I'm never leaving this place ever again. " I say and Cristina nods approvingly.

Bailey comes back and we start following her again. I hope she has other cool cases that I can have for once. We visit an almost dead guy which isn't interesting at all and an older man with Parkinson's syndrome. I am the one with his file so I present him to Dr. Shepherd but of course, he picks Mer to assist in the surgery. Who would have thought?

I am walking down the halls of the hospital to do some labs but get held up by Burke.

"Prep Annie Connors for surgery. You will scrub in with Cristina." he says and immediately walks away while I yell a quick "Thanks" after him. I turn around to a very much upset Alex.

"Whacha do Karev ?" I grin provocatively and he explains what happened in an angry tone. Well, he messed up I think to myself skipping to Annies room happily.