Shake Your Groove Thing

In the hospital

We're sitting up in the gallery of OR 3 watching Meredith hold a heart that Dr. Burke just fixed. Lucky. Izzie walks in and tells us how she invited some people from Peds to the party she has been planning. Cristina isn't very fond of this idea and gets even more annoyed when Iz tells her she also invited some people from the psychology floor.

"Why do you want to waste the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a huge party? Don't you want to spend some alone time with him? " I ask and George nods.

"Is he bad in bed? " Cristina suspects and I giggle. Izzie reassures us that she just wants him to meet her friends and I laugh because all of the geeks she's invited are not her friends. My laugh gets interrupted by a page for Cristina.

"I heard there'll be a party at Meredith's tonight. " Alex says as he comes into the gallery and the four of us act like we know nothing about it. I look down into the OR and see that the patient's heart won't beat on its own and Dr. Burke has to squeeze it to get a heartbeat. After a while, it does beat on its own and we get out of the gallery.

"What can you see y/n ?" Dr. Bailey asks me. We are in a small room looking at an X-Ray of lungs.

"Hyperinflated lungs, cloudy with bullae. She probably has trouble breathing. I would say we do a bullectomy procedure. We remove the bullae and reduce pressure. " I look at Dr. Webber and he nods. Apparently, someone had operated on her in 1999 before and he tells me I should not give her a lecture about smoking since she knows what she is doing.

"This is insane why do people do this to themselves? Do you think if they'd put a picture of these lungs on the packages that people would stop smoking? " I ask Bailey and she just shakes her head.

I go to my patient's room and look through her chart.

"You know I thought the first surgery would help. But look where I am. " She is an older lady with short blonde hair she seems to be very nice.

"Well I don't want to be rude but maybe quitting the smoking would have helped. " I don't look at her because I just did what Dr. Webber told me not to but she tells me she hasn't smoked in 5 years.

"You seem a little young to be a doctor. " She says while getting wheeled out of the room.

"Don't worry I am older than I look. " I answer smiling and let the nurses take her to the OR.

In the OR

"We call this 'a spaghetti procedure' have you heard of that before Dr. Mazing? " Bailey asks me and I nod. I had read it before in an Artikel but I've never seen it before.

"You cut and deflate the bullae to facilitate gentle manipulation of Mrs. Drake's lung," I explain, and Dr. bailey nods.

"Dr. Bailey, do you see that? We need to open her up. I am taking out the scope. " And suddenly everything is hectic in the room so I stand aside and let everyone do what they need to do. After Dr. Webber opened her up he pulls out a towel.

"Is that from her first surgery?" I ask in shock and everyone stays silent.

In the hallway

(C=Crsitina, R= Richard, Y=You, M=Miranda)

C: "A towel? "

R: "Not good."

Y: "She complained of pressure on her chest but no one would believe her."

R: "This is not good for the patient nor the hospital. Not Good!"

M: "Cristina look through the files find out who was in that room, who was responsible for closing? Everything. Y/n you stay with the patient. keep her happy. She seems to like you."