Winning a Battle, Losing a war

Your Pov

I get woken up today by Izzie and George fighting. Squinting my eyes I see my door open and George barges in.

"See y/n room is smaller than mine too and I don't see her complaining about it. " George says and then turns around to run back to his room before Iz gets there.

"Alright let's let Mer decide I mean after all it is her house. " Izzie opens the door to Merediths room and I look over to the alarm clock on my little bedside table. It's 4:40 in the morning. Annoyed I force myself to get up and walk over to the bathroom.

My roommates are still fighting about the room situation while I am in the bathroom brushing my teeth. I look in the mirror and from the corner of my eye I see the door open, and Meredith run inside hugging her clothes.

"Get out! " she screams and opens the door again. I bag away and leave the room.

"Guys you should really stop upsetting her or else she will throw us out of the house. "I say with a serious look on my face and Izzie and George spread apart each in their own room.

In the hospital

Bailey is in a horrible mood but I don't blame her. Today is the "Dead Baby Bike Race" it's basically just a bunch of Idiots on Bikes that try to kill themselves while trying to win the race. So it is definitely going to be a busy day.

We are getting ready to go to the pit. Putting on our yellow apron-like things and discuss the race.

"What kind of people engage in a race where the only rule is to not rip out others' eyeballs? " George asks while tieing my protective coat.

"Men, Georgie. Men." Alex replies and I giggle at George's face.

"I need someone for the OR. The chief needs another hand." Dr. Bailey says and all of us raise our hands.

And again, George gets picked. Man, I have yet to step foot in an OR that's not fair.

Dr. Bailey explains the trauma room rules to us and tells us not to fight over patients but we're already running inside to get the best cases. I see a guy with blood squirting out of his chest and run towards him. Mine!

"Hello, I am Dr. Mazing may I take a look at.... well that. " I say pointing to the open wound.

"Yes! Please! And hurry. I need to get back and win the raise. I didn't come all the way from Scottland for me not to win or at least pass the finish line." My patient says while I touch around the wound which has already stopped bleeding.

"It doesn't look too bad you should be good to go after I cleaned the wound and closed it. " I explain disappointed but still smiling at him. He is pretty good looking I am not gonna lie.

As slowly as possible I clean the wound and listen to him hiss every time I touch the wound with the big Q-tip. Then I take out the needle and thread and start suturing it.

"So Scottland huh? That's pretty far away. Did you only come here for the race? " I ask and he nods.

"I did. Exploring and Doing crazy stuff is kinda my thing. You are very young to be a doctor. How old are you if I may ask? " He smiles charmingly and I look back at his wound.

"Of course you may. I am 23. I am an Intern but I also skipped two grades in elementary school so I am extra young. " Usually I feel weird saying these things because everyone thinks I am a nerd and want to get attention when I tell them about my IQ being higher than others but right now I just don't care.

"Wow, I like smart ladies. My daughter would really like you. Her dream is to be a doctor too. " He says and my eyes open wider. His daughter? Oh god.

"You ehm you have a daughter? How old is she? " I ask being scared of the answer.

"Yes, I have a daughter but don't you worry I am divorced. Saylor is 10 but she'll turn 11 in July." He seems not to realize that this is weird. I would have been 13 when his daughter was born. Oh god. I start hurrying up and feel relieved when I cut the thread and pull his shirt over the closed wound.

"So I am done. You're free to go now, sir. " I smile and start moving away without turning back once.

A little later and a few sutures after I walk by the room Izzie is in. I can hear Izzie and Mer talking so I go in to see what's going on.

Y: "Are you guys alright?"

I: "Meredith he has a right to have his last 27 minutes. We are doctors we are supposed to help people not watch them die."

M: "You are right, screw it. Y/n you go get the blood supplies I will get the dopamine. Izzie, you stay here and look that nobody comes in. We'll transfuse him. "

Izzie nods and I start running. I don't know what's going on but I'll just do what Meredith told me to do.

On the way up the stairs, we meet Cristina who we told everything to after it was explained to me. We tell her that he is stable and she says that the radiologist said he has a traumatic aortic injury.

Meredith and Cristina have already given up on the patient and so have I but Iz hasn't. So they decide to try and get him into surgery. I walk to the men's bathroom where Dr. Burke is and try asking him to help us through the closed door.

He won't listen so Cristina tries but still, he doesn't want to help us. I just hope Meredith has more luck while asking Derek. When she comes back she tells us that we have to get the chief involved. So we go to George who is eating his Sandwich.

Easily we get him to talk to the Chief whose friend needs the liver that we could get from our patient. And boom it worked! Dr. Webber talks to Burke and gets him to look at the liver.

There we are. Sitting in the gallery and watching Dr. Burke and Alex, yes Alex, do open-heart surgery. That asshole got to scrub in. When a nurse walks in and says that they've identified and called our John deos wife, Cristina and Izzie get up and walk out of the room.

The moment I get home I see that a bunch of stuff is spread everywhere and I see Iz and Bambie sit on the floor and couch and look through boxes.

"Are you guys out of your mind? Meredith is gonna- " Meredith walks in and looks around. Then she looks at her roommates and the videotapes they're holding. I close my eyes.

"Are those my mother's tapes? Did you put all of these things out here? " she asks giving the other two an angry look.

Iz explains that she was upset and started unpacking the boxes while Meredith goes around and takes down all of the pictures which were set on the shelves.

"No we are not watching my mother's tapes, we are not unpacking any boxes and we're not gonna have long conversations celebrating the moments of our lives." she then leaves the room and runs up the stairs.

"I ordered Chinese food. " George says to get her happy again but she screams that she hates Chinese food down the stairs and we start laughing.

The next day I spend in the pit again with Alex. Meredith gets to operate on a patient from yesterday and Izzie & Cristina get to take Kevin Davidson's organs out for donation.

Back at home, we decide to order Pizza and invite Cristina to watch Ellis Grey's old surgery tapes. When Meredith comes home George gets nervous and I look at her expecting her to freak out again. But she doesn't. She just sits down and steals my Popcorn.

Authors note

Hey, can someone tell me if this is illegal what I am doing? I mean technically I am stealing a story but since I am kind of changing it up a little it doesn't seem wrong to me. But it'd be great if someone told me.

Anyways I hope you liked this chapter😇