•Chapter 2•

Third person's Pov:

Shalini fixed the pallu of her saree glancing at the mirror. Wearing a beautiful red/pink saree. Along side her favourite jumikis and let her hair down.

She finished the look with her kutty pottu and smiled plastered on her face. Happy with the look.

Her anni (sister in law) came in and smiled at her, giving her a hug.

'Azhaga irruka da chella kutty' saranya said smiling.

(You look beautiful my dear)

'Anniiii' She whined.

'Enna da?'

(What?)

'Anna unna ponnu paka varum pothu unnaku ulukula etho pannucha? Like excited but nervous and scared'

( when my brother came to see you, did you feel the same I'm feeling right now? )

Saranya smiled as she picked up the comb and brushed shalini's hair.

'Ennakum appudi than irrithuchu Ana unga annan ah pathathum, Ella worry nervousness, bayam lam poiduchu. Aptm avaru kuda pesunathum eppoda kalyanam nu nan kettaen. Avaru than ennoda lucky charm!'

(I felt the same way you did but the minute I say your brother everything just disappeared and when I talked with him. My first words to him was when is the marriage? He's my lucky charm!)

'Ohhhhhhhhh' Shalini teased.

'Kd fellow first meeting laye eppo kalyanam nu keturuka! Dhillu athigam anni unnaku'

(Wow you're bravest. Asking him when is the marriage. Your guts anni, I admired it)

They were bantering and laughing as shallu's mom entered to check on her.

This made shalini stand from her chair and stand straight.

Her mom looked at her from head to toe and then nodded in okay for her attire.

'Avanga enna ketalum thalaiya attu. Smart ah irrukaenu sollu loosu maari ethum sollludatha. Inthu mattum rejection agatum unnaku avlothan'

(Don't do anything stupid like being smart and make them reject you. If this happens you know the consequences)

Shalini just stayed quite and nodded watching her walking out. She has heard worse. Her mom was just nice to her today cause her grandparents were in the house.

Saranya just patted her shoulder.

Meanwhile~

Buttoning up his blue shirt glancing at the mirror. Aditya fixed his shirt as his younger brother sakthi walked in with a phone recording him.

'Athathu pathinga valathukettavan aka en Anna inniki oru ponnu pakka poran. Pathingala shirt lam button panni vesti lam kattu ambi mari irrukan. Ana ula oru remo ve irruku' sakthi said as he was vloging.

(So guys here's my brother who is grown like a giraffe. So today he's gonna meet a girl who maybe his future wife)

Aditya just glared at him and took the colonge from his hands.

'Ithu oru vela nu pannitu irrukiya da nee? Olunga mariya thaiya antha video va mooditu inga irruthu kelambu'

(What you're doing right now is no work so shut off your phone and get our of here)

Shakthi said 'parunga frands intha valathukettavan ennaya thitura- before he can even finish Aditya pulled his phone away and shut it off.

(See friends how he's scolding m-)