Did I Wake You Up?

Andy’s POV

“You sure you don’t want to go out with us?” Ashley asks, standing beside the cab.

“Yeah, I’m sure,” I say, already beginning to walk back to the bus. We’re staying on the bus tonight because we start traveling tomorrow to Odessa, and our tour manager has figured that just having us already on the bus cuts down on time. If we stayed in the hotel we’d have to wake up, pack up everything, etc. It’s hell waking Jake up when he’d rather be asleep.

Trust me.

“Okay,” Ashley nods warily and slides in, closing the door. I can tell he’s worried about me being around Avery alone. I overheard him and the rest of the guys talking. Ashley’s afraid I’ll kick her out and leave her on the side of the road somewhere. Jake asked Ashley why he was so concerned about Avery, but I didn’t catch his response. Whatever he said seemed to make sense to the guys.

Ashley and I are friends, he’ll tell me, right? He’s like a brother to me and he knows he can trust me. At least, I hope he knows that.

Sighing, I make my way back to the bus. I step inside and sigh, taking off my vest. The bunk room is quiet – Ashley told me Avery was going to sleep – so I stay quiet and grab my phone from my bunk before making my way into the kitchen. I turn on my phone and grab a beer out of the fridge. The moment I set my phone down on the counter it starts to vibrate, letting me know I have missed messages. There’s five of them, and they’re all from Juliet.

From: Juliet
You forgot to take the cats to the vet? Really?

From: Juliet
The vet fucking called me. They need their shots & you never showed up. Wow.

From: Juliet
And now you’re going to ignore me?

From: Juliet
Lol way to be mature Andy.

From: Juliet
Whatever. I’m going to bed. Don’t fucking bother me.

“God dammit!” I yell, slamming the fridge shut. I told her I didn’t have time to take Crow and Femme to the vet, I told her. She said, “Don’t worry, I’ll take them.” She said she’d take them! What else hasn’t she handled? Are the bills getting paid on the house? Is she-

“Andy?” A small voice speaks up from behind me. I turn around to see Avery standing in the middle of the living room almost cautiously. She’s wearing a BVB hoodie that’s two sizes too big and a pair of Ashley’s boxers as pajama bottoms. Her hair is messy and she looks almost scared. Innocent and scared.

Scared of me.

“Sorry,” I say, running a hand through my hair. “Did I wake you up?”

“No,” She says. “I was already awake when you came in. I was on the couch and…” She chews on her bottom lip. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I say, dropping my gaze from her to the floor. “I’m fine.”

“You can talk to me if you want,” Avery says. “I mean, I know you hate me, but I’m going to be here for a while, so-”

“I don’t hate you,” I sigh, scratching the back of my neck. “Really, I don’t.”

“Oh,” Avery chews on her bottom lip. “I just thought that, you know, since you called me a whore and everything, you didn’t like me.” Avery runs her hands through her bangs and looks up at me from under her eye lashes. To say she looks sexy would be an understatement. She looks perfect. Avery plops down on the couch and sighs, letting out a shaky breath. “I mean, everyone else hates me.”

“That’s not true,” I say, walking over and sitting down on the couch beside her. “I mean, Ashley cares about you, the guys care about you.” I don’t know why I leave myself out, but I do. It feels almost wrong to include myself. I don’t know why.

“Ashley…” Avery shakes her head and sighs, looking down. She plays with a few loose fibers on the part of her hoodie where her wrist would normally be. Since the hoodie is so big, she’s been forced to gather it all into her palm. I’ve always thought that was extremely adorable, and here she is, being…adorable. “Ashley has his reasons, let’s just put it that way. And the rest of the guys don’t know me yet. If they knew me, they’d hate me.”

“Why would they hate you?”

“That would involve me telling you, which would lead to you knowing me, and then you’ll hate me too.”

“I won’t hate you,” I say. “Please. I know I was a dick earlier but that’s only because I’m under a lot of stress right now. I’m having issues with Juliet and I just…I took it out on you and Ashley. I’m sorry.”

“Well, do you want to talk about it?” Avery turns to face me, her big brown eyes the definition of perfection. I gulp and remind myself that I’m in a committed relationship. I can’t flirt, I can’t do anything. Bad Andy.

“I’ll tell you everything if you tell me everything,” I say. Avery sighs and looks down. Her hair falls down like a curtain between the two of us and I notice that there are some pink streaks in the red area. I reach over and tuck the hair behind her ear, causing her to look over at me.

“How do I know you won’t use what you find out to hurt me?”

I smile, looking down at the ground and then back into her eyes.

“I guess you’ll just have to trust me.”

Avery’s POV

I wake up on the couch, wrapped in someone’s arms. I lift my head and see Andy resting his head against the arm of the couch. I’m resting against his chest and there’s a blanket over the both of us. I look at the kitchen area where Ashley is standing, smirking at me.

“Thanks,” I mumble, smiling at him. He winks.

“No problem,” He says. I slowly untangle myself from Andy’s arms and he whimpers slightly from the loss of contact. I panic and look at Ashley, who points to the pillow on the other couch. I grab it and put it in Andy’s arms. He smiles and rolls over, snuggling closer to the pillow. I shake my head and walk over to Ashley, hopping up onto the counter. Andy’s beer from last night is still resting beside his phone.

“You guys talk last night?” Ashley asks. I nod.

“He came in and turned his phone on. He was going to drink that beer but I guess he saw a bunch of messages from Juliet. He was so pissed he forgot about the beer.”

“Well, we’re not going to be putting that to waste,” Ashley laughs as he puts it back in the fridge.

“Where’s the others?” I ask.

“They’re still asleep,” Ashley says. I nod, looking down. Ashley appears in front of me and I look up, chewing on my bottom lip. “What happened?”

“He acted like he cares about me,” I say. “But I know he doesn’t. I told him stuff he thinks is important but really isn’t. Like my parents and stuff.”

“You didn’t tell him about us, did you?” Ashley asks.

“No,” I sigh. “I didn’t.” Ashley nods and wraps his arms around me, hugging me. I hug back and rest my head on his shoulder, sighing again. For some reason, I start to cry. Ashley wraps his arms tighter around me and holds me while I cry.

“Hey, it’s okay,” Ashley whispers. I shake my head.

“You’re the only person I have left,” I say. “I know you won’t leave me. But, what if he and I get close, and he leaves me when he finds out? You and him are kind of a package deal – you can’t leave the band. I can’t lose you too. I can’t lose you.”

“You won’t lose me,” Ashley says, kissing the top of my head. “I promise.”

Thanks you guys so much for supporting this story so much guys I love you ! *big group hug*