Can I Go Now?

“Everyone, this is Avery.” Ashley says proudly, dropping me on the couch. I frown up at him and cross my arms over my chest. Ashley fucking Purdy just carried me five blocks to the hotel where the boys are staying. Why couldn’t they have picked some random fan girl? Why me? Is this some sort of punishment or something? If I believed in God I’d say that he was trying to tell me not to do it. But, since I don’t, I think fate has just decided to be a bitch today.

Well, you know what fate? Fuck you too.

“She’s even cuter up close, don’t you think?” CC asks, elbowing Andy in the ribs. He flinches slightly but keeps his eyes focused on me.

“Avery, this is everyone,” Ashley smiles at me, hands on his hips.

“Hi everyone,” I say, forcing my smile so much that I know everyone knows it’s fake. “Can I go now?”

“No.”

“No?”

“Avery, can I speak to you for a minute, outside in the hall? Please?” Ashley says.

“Sure,” I stand. “Why not?”

I stomp past Ashley out into the hallway. I wait for a few seconds before he appears behind me, closing the door. I cross my arms over my chest and tap my foot impatiently, waiting for him to say whatever it is he has to.

“Really?” He asks.

“Come on, Ash,” I groan, leaning against the wall. “We’ve been friends for years. You know me – this is your thing, not mine.”

Yeah, Ashley and I grew up in the same neighborhood together. We were best friends growing up, even though we had a bit of an age gap. That didn’t matter to us. When he joined BVB we kind of…lost track of each other. I moved to Denver with my mom and that was that. Ash didn’t even recognize me on the bridge. I’ve changed my hair and lost a lot of weight since our childhood days.

“I told you – Andy is having issues with his girlfriend. Maybe, if he hangs out with you, he’ll see that Juliet really isn’t all that great and that there are better choices for him out there.”

“What if he ends up falling for me?” I ask. “I know I’m not that amazing or anything, but it could happen. This wouldn’t be the first time one of your master plans blows up in everyone’s faces.”

Ashley pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration. I can tell he’s trying not to get mad at me.

“Look, please? Just do this for me?” He asks.

“Do the guys know that we know each other?”

“No, they don’t,” Ashley says. “They think we just met.”

“Keep it that way, please?”  I ask. Ashley nods and I offer him a small smile in return. He opens his arms and I fling myself into them, laughing as he pulls me off the ground and spins me around.

“So, you’re going to help me?” He asks. I sigh and giggle at his enthusiasm.

“Yeah, I guess I am,” I reply. The smile suddenly falls from Ashley’s face and I run a hand through my hair, knowing what he’s about to ask.

“How are your parents?”

“Dad finally left,” I say. “And mom moved me here. She’s been beating on me ever since. I turned eighteen two days ago and…”

“Don’t do what you were going to do on the bridge, okay?” Ashley asks. “I know you went through some shit back when we were younger and I don’t want you thinking it won’t get better. You’re with us now – it will.”

“Wait, so does that mean…?”

“Yep,” Ashley smiles. “You’re going on tour with us!”

“I don’t have any clothes,” I point out. Ashley shrugs and throws an arm around my shoulder.

“You can just have some of the new Church of the Wild Ones merchandise and I’m sure it won’t be too much of a hassle to get you some skinny jeans or something.”

“You’re the best,” I laugh.

“Duh,” Ashley rolls his eyes and opens the hotel door. We step inside and all the talking stops. I look up to see Andy’s blue eyes staring right back at me. He seems deep in thought and I gulp, dropping my gaze to the ground. When I look back up, he’s still staring at me. “Now, let’s try this again. Guys, this is Avery. Avery, this is everyone else.”

“Hey,” I offer a small wave. CC hops off the couch and hugs me, pulling me right out of Ashley’s arms.

“Just so you know, it was my idea,” CC says. “And it’s so good to meet you.”

“You too, buddy,” I mumble against his chest, patting his back as best I can. He releases me and I stumble a little bit, but I’m caught by two strong arms. I look up to see Andy staring down at me. I’ve always known his eyes were blue, but I didn’t know they were this blue.

“Andy, she just got here,” Jake laughs. “It’s rude to keep the guest all to yourself like that, man.”

“Sorry,” Andy lets me go. Thank the Cookie Monster that Ashley was paying attention, or I would have gone crashing to the floor.

“You’re not supposed to try and kill her either,” Jinxx laughs. Andy steps away from me and I look at Ashley, who winks.

Why did I let him talk me into this?

Hey guys :3 thanks for reading this story it means a lot to me! <3 please comment & vote. & fan...if you haven't already ^_^