I'm Not Jealous.

Andy's POV

I chew on my bottom lip and watch Ashley and Avery on the couch. The two of them are talking and joking like, well, like they've known each other for years. Avery throws her head back and laughs, covering her mouth with her hand as she does so.

"You jealous already?" CC asks, appearing beside me. We're on the tour bus outside of the venue and I'm in the kitchen area, watching the love fest that's occuring on the couch. Juliet hasn't texted me yet today, and I know she won't for at least a few days, so my phone is off, somewhere under the sheets of my bunk. I would use it to distract myself, but then I'd have to walk past them.

"I'm not jealous," I say. "I don't even know her."

"But you wish you did," CC says. "She's everything Juliet's not. Cute, funny, smart - and she can sing."

I puff out my cheeks and blow air out of my lips in frustration. CC's right. Juliet can't sing for shit. I mean, did you hear her on the voice? Just...no. I look over at Avery, who's now got her hand on Ashley's knee, the other still covering her mouth while she's giggling away. His arm is around her shoulder on the back of the couch and he's laughing at whatever she just said.

She's beautiful, I can't deny that. The red in her hair complements her skin tone perfectly, and the jean shorts Ashley somehow managed to find for her last night show off her long, perfect legs. The tight BVB shirt she's wearing draws attention to her chest.

Dammit, Ashley. Why wouldn't you have gotten her some baggy sweats and an old t-shirt that's five sizes too big or something?

"I'd make a move on her before Ashley does," CC says. "He seems to have taken a liking to her."

"I have a girlfriend," I argue lamely. CC laughs.

"You have a girlfriend my ass," He says. "You two hardly talk, the fans all hate her, your bandmates can't stand her, you find her annoying, and the two of you never talk. All the lovey-dovey crap on twitter is just for show, and you know it. You two getting those tattoos - you're trying to convince yourself you love her. We both know you don't. Besides, it's not cheating unless you kiss her or something. Talking to another girl is perfectly fine."

I sigh and play with my lip ring, watching the two of them on the couch. Is there something there between them, or are they just having a friendly conversation? 

"Ashley," Before I know what I'm doing I call out his name. The laughter on the couch stops and CC chuckles, patting my shoulder.

"I hope you know what you're doing," He whispers to me before heading off to the bunk room where Jinxx and Jake most likely are, talking to their girls.

"Yeah, man?" He asks, not moving away from Avery, who still has her hand on his knee.

"Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" I walk over to the door and open it. Ashley looks at Avery, almost as if he's asking for permission, who smiles softly at him. Ashley doesn't seem convinced and he makes a face as if to say, "You sure?" Avery nudges him gently and he sighs, turning back to me. Ashley hesitantly nods and stands, following me off the bus. He closes the door behind himself and looks at me almost nervously.

"What do you need?" He asks.

"What's her story?" I ask. "Like, why is she able to just blow everything off and be with us?" It comes out harsher than I'd intended, and Ashley stands up a little bit straighter, almost getting defensive.

"She doesn't have anyone who wants her," He says. I can tell he's trying not to snap at me and keep his anger in check. "She's alone."

"She's legal, she can go wherever she wants," I say. "Why does she have to be with us?"

"Andy-" Ashley sighs and I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Look, I get it, you guys want me to dump Juliet," I growl. "But bringing some random whore onto the bus-"

"You don't know her," Ashley says, anger flashing through his eyes. 

"Oh, and you do?" 

"I know her better than you think," Ashley snarls. "And, believe it or not, Andy, there are more important things in this world than you."

With that, Ashley storms back onto the bus, the door slamming shut behind him. I flinch slightly and sigh, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. Moments later someone steps out beside me. 

"I knew you had no idea what you were doing," CC says.

"I just..." I sigh again, not knowing how to say what I'm thinking. "What if I do end up liking her? Then what? I could date a fucking potato and it would get hate. I wouldn't want that to happen to her. Look what it's done to my relationship with Juliet. Avery seems too nice to do that to."

"She's a strong kid, Andy," CC says. "I've heard some of what she and Ashley are talking about. She's been through some shit."

"How come she's more comfortable talking to him than the rest of us?" I ask.

"She talks to all of us," CC laughs. "Just not you. And I think they know each other. Like really know each other. She wasn't just a one night stand, they actually had a friendship."

"Ashley, being just friends with a girl?" I snort. 

"I really feel like she is," CC says. Jake pops his head out of the bus window.

"Guys, it's time to get going," He says. Jinxx exits the bus and Jake's face disappears, only to reapper with the rest of his body beside CC, Jinxx and I moments later. 

"Where's Ashley?" I ask. 

"He's talking to Avery still," Jake says, starting to walk towards the venue. "He said he'd meet us inside."

"He's not, like, doing anything with her...is he?" I ask cautiously. Jinxx laughs.

"Dude, he didn't try to hit on her once today," He says. "I think they're friends, like, before this."

"That's what I was thinking," CC says. I frown and follow my three friends into the venue. If that's true, what is Ashley talking to Avery about right now that they had to be alone for him to tell her?

Avery's POV

"Ash, calm down," I say, watching as he paces back and forth in front of me, running a hand through his hair. 

"How can I calm down? He's gotten so...so...so self absorbed. He thinks I only have you here for him."

"That's kind of why you brought me here," I laugh. Ashley huffs and turns to face me, his hands on his hips.

"It was more than that," He says. "When I figured out it was you...I just want to keep you safe. I left you alone and you got raped and-"

"Ash, it was the past," I get off the couch and wrap my arms around him, hugging him. Ashley wraps his arms around me and sighs, looking down at me. I tilt my head up so that my chin is on his chest and I smile up at him. "I'm safe now and that's all that matters, okay?"

"Okay," He says. I lean up and peck him on the cheek quickly before pulling out of the hug.

"Now, go play the best show of your life," I say, pushing him towards the door.

"You're not coming?" Ashley frowns, stopping at the door.

"I'm tired," I say. "I'm going to sleep while the bus isn't filled with loud boys." 

"See you when I get back," Ashley says. I wave goodbye and roll my eyes to myself as soon as the door is closed.

Ugh, men.

Hey guys :) thanks for showing this story so much love it means so much to me .<3 please continue to vote and comment! now, i personally do not like juliet or her voice, but i don't hate her and andy together. if she makes him happy then i'm happy. mkay ? also, over to the right is a picture of what avery looks like, and a small video of bvb's denver performance. thanks for reading.<3