Words- chapter 7

Quote of this chapter: people don't cry because they're weak. They cry because they've been strong for too long.

Please tell me this is all a dream. Only a dream. Please, please, please let it be a dream!

I remember slightly what happened before I got home. I texted mum asking if she could pick me up. I'd been having the worst day imaginable. I had thought it couldn't get any worse. There was a group of boys, they shoved me against the wall and they hurt me, I was bleeding... I was mad at mum. Really mad! Why the hell would she just leave me like that?! This wasn't like her at all. I was all set to scream at her, take out all of my anger on her. As I reached the door, I had it all set out in my mind. I was about to tell her that I hated her, that she was a failure of a mother. I wasn't at all prepared for what I found when I opened the front door.

My mother was lying on the floor, silent, cold, the colour drained from her beautiful face. She was utterly and completely lifeless.

"MUM!!!" I yelled at the top of my voice, hoping for somebody to hear and come running round and save her, like they do in the movies. But it wasn't. Obviously. If this was a movie, it was the worst one ever made.

Nobody heard. Nobody came running. It was just me, crouching over my mum. I decided that I had to take matters into my own hands.

Mr Hargrean lived just down the street from us. I kissed my mums forehead, before sprinting out of the flat and round to mr Hargreans. I'm pretty sure he told me something once about his late wife being a nurse. Maybe I'm imagining it. I don't know what's real and what's not anymore.

I had gotten over the initial shock by this point, and the tears that I had been holding were now gushing freely down my face. I was pretty sure he didn't hear me screaming earlier on, so I desperately smashed my fist against his rickety old door. I was having a breakdown. To be honest, who wouldn't be. If they were going through what I went through that day.

"Amy? What's wrong sweetheart? Oh my gosh, are you hurt badly? Your face is all dirty.. What happened? Who did this to you?"

Thank god for that. At least he was sober enough to talk.

"Um, I'm fine it doesn't hurt that much.. But- my mum... Ummm I walked in the flat and she's , um, I don't really know, but she, I don't know what happened, I just..." My voice trailed off into sobs again. Believe me, it's easier just to break down. But I never cry. This had to stop. I never cry. At least not in public. But me looking like an idiot wasn't the problem.

I knew I wouldn't be able to talk, so I simply lifted one trembling hand and pointed toward my flat.

'Please, please understand' I was praying silently in my head.

"Ok amy, don't worry. I'll go check up on your mum, you stay here."

I let out a sigh of relief. But it wasn't long enough to stop the tears. He saw how much I was hurting. Inside and outside. Just before he left, he pulled me into a quick hug. I practically flung myself into his arms. I didn't understand how he could bear my huge body weight. I realised that I was probably strangling the poor man, and I let go. I stumbled backwards in a daze.

The last thing I saw was the flashing lights of the ambulance surrounding me. I heard frantic screams of parents trying to keep their children away from us. There was a sharp pain in my head. Instinctively I raised my hand towards the pain. When it touched my forehead, I felt something wet and sticky. I glanced at my hand and realised it was blood. I thought I was about to be sick. I was curled up ins ball on the floor. Memories rushed through my brain. Leanne in hospital, when dad left, the comments on Facebook, how those boys attacked me on my way bak from school.. Life hated me. And right now, I hated it.

Just then, it all went black.

--@-----@------@----@-----@-----@--

Ohmegawd.

I swear I was actually in tears writing this chapter! I hope you guys like it! It took me a while to write this, it's quite a long chapter, thanks for waiting :)

I will try to update more often, but I get quite a lot of homework. Ugh.

Like usual...

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN!

I will love y'all forever!

Bye- bye!

Georgina xxxxxxxxx