Words- chapter 1

Hey guys, this is the first chapter of the new book I'm writing, words. This bit is quite boring but trust me, it gets much better. Please read! Georgina xoxoxoxo

Chapter 1:

Today was just another day, I guess. Time seems to pass so slowly at the moment. I woke up, went to school, sat alone and ate my lunch, like usual. Normal day.

Came home and headed straight for my room, where I sat and felt sorry for myself. Decided not to do that, if I let the bullies see then it would be even worse for me.

Started my homework early, since I had nothing better to do, like the nerd I apparently am, according to Lauren. That's her new nickname for me.

Lauren and her friends think they're so hilarious. Ugh. Pretty, popular people like her don't get on with, well, people like me. It's not like I haven't tried. In fact, back in nursery we were actually best friends. I have the photos to prove it, and everything. Then she met Hannah, and everything changed. All she cares about now is boys and hair and makeup and clothes- anything to do with popularity. She doesn't care about anything she says or does, she only cares about how she looks when she's doing it. She doesn't know how much her words hurt, or how spiteful she really is. Well, maybe she does, but she obviously doesn't think it matters.

I really need to stop thinking about her. All it does is gets me upset. Guess it doesn't really matter, I mean, things at home are worse than they have ever been before. Since Leanne has been gone, it's really tiring just to keep the smile plastered on my face for even a single lesson.

Oops. Stupid homework. I hate being dyslexic. How do you spell bee-coz? Never mind, I'll google it. Crap, the internet's down!

"Amy? What are you doing up there?"

Basically, sitting here thinking about how crap my life is at the moment. I don't reply. Maybe she'll forget? I love my mum to bits, obviously, but she doesn't half get on my nerves. I just need a bit of time to myself, sometimes, y'know?

I know it's been hard for her, too. She's got a new job, at an office in town, but I know she hates it really. She's like me, when it comes down to it, just trying to act happy so nobody will suss out what is really going on. And sometimes she just cracks.

Another of her weirdo boyfriends left last week. He was called Keith. He looked and smelt (and acted) like a pig. Eww. It makes me feel sick just thinking of him. Good riddance, I say. To be honest, I think we are better off, just mum and me.

"AMY? I could really use some help down here!"

Guess I'd better go see what she wants. Yay. Because I always have TONS of fun whenever mum calls me down to the kitchen. I was being sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell